How to change/remove Arrma Kraton 4s Rear Drive Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreFFAnjos

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received my rear axles today and i need to upgrade my kraton 4s, I tried to find a youtube video with the step by step installation but I couldn't find it, do you know of any?

1702581167575.png

My biggest concern is with the differential (rear)... I need to remove the plastic cover to be able to tighten the bolt that holds the head to the differential shaft, how do I dismantle this?

The bolt that holds the stock axle in to the diff? It's inside the axle, from the wheel side
The bolt that holds the stock axle in to the diff? It's inside the axle, from the wheel side
Idk I looked & I might be wrong. I have 3s stuff that removes like that. 4s looks different. My bad. But go to Arrma website. Click up your model, scroll to exploded view, & you can toggle around at how it's built & see all of it & get idea & all the part numbers is cool too

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I received my rear axles today and i need to upgrade my kraton 4s, I tried to find a youtube video with the step by step installation but I couldn't find it, do you know of any?

View attachment 337002
My biggest concern is with the differential (rear)... I need to remove the plastic cover to be able to tighten the bolt that holds the head to the differential shaft, how do I dismantle this?
There is one grub (set) screw (p/n AR710404) on the outside diameter of the outdrive. Use 2mm hex wrench to remove (or back-off just enough) from the plastic outdrive (p/n ARA311149) will slip off the metal diff outdrive (p/n AR310775). See first ref. below.

Once installed, do not tighten too much. The set screw is just there to prevent the axle from slipping off the metal outdrive (set screw must sit in the dimple found on the metal outdrive. See ref. photo further below.).

IMG_8582.jpeg

IMG_8584.jpeg

There is one grub (set) screw (p/n AR710404) on the outside diameter of the outdrive. Use 2mm hex wrench to remove (or back-off just enough) from the plastic outdrive (p/n ARA311149) will slip off the metal diff outdrive (p/n AR310775). See first ref. below.

Once installed, do not tighten too much. The set screw is just there to prevent the axle from slipping off the metal outdrive (set screw must sit in the dimple found on the metal outdrive. See ref. photo further below.).

View attachment 337394

View attachment 337398

Many thanks bro! I'll try this tonight!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back