Outcast Outcast 4s or Notorious 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy

Reaction score
After being away from the hobby for several years (mainly have nitro) my grandson and I have gotten into them. I recently got him a Vorteks 3s and just got a Kraton 6s. I am now looking into getting an Outcast 4s or a Notorious 6s for a wheelie machine. What are the pros and cons between the two? Thanks in advance.

After being away from the hobby for several years (mainly have nitro) my grandson and I have gotten into them. I recently got him a Vorteks 3s and just got a Kraton 6s. I am now looking into getting an Outcast 4s or a Notorious 6s for a wheelie machine. What are the pros and cons between the two? Thanks in advance.
Pros on Outcast4s
  • Cheaper batteries/chargers
  • Lighter weight
  • Cheaper repairs
  • Larger differentials
  • Same servo as 6s with less weight to steer
Cons on Outcast4s
  • Plastic is sort of pro and con, it's flexier which can cause breaks where metal meets the plastic, sometimes motor mount bends and doesn't bend back
  • Less power overall than Noto, but feels pretty proportional to the weight difference
  • Servo saver is horrible and there aren't many good upgrade options
  • Steering rack is sloppy, plastic pivot balls wear out and precise steering is impossible
  • Parts availability is among the worst in Arrma's whole fleet, only 3 cars on the platform so Arrma doesn't keep stock as well
  • Plastic shock tower breaks on hard impacts
  • Somewhat expensive for a beefed up version of Arrma 3s line
Pros on Notorious
  • 6s POWAH
  • More metal more better* (sometimes)
  • Parts availability is generally excellent, many shared parts on 6s arrma platform
  • Cool body does scratched restomod look that still looks nice as it wears
  • Aluminum shock towers hold up much better than 4s plastic shock towers
  • More value for price, only 100 dollars more than Outcast 4s
Cons on Notorious
  • Steering servo is same as on 4s, can sometimes feel inadequate. There's a new version of the electronics with a new servo so ideally you'd get the new one, old one was replace instantly territory.
  • Stock saver on old version was hot garbage, but cheap amazon upgrade can mostly fix it.
  • Batteries are more expensive for 6s, chargers as well.
  • Heavier
  • Power can also be a downside, more prone to breaks if driving is poor. Outcast durability with beginner drivers making mistakes will be better. Noto is by no means a weak car but it has some weak points that are made worse if you land poorly. Notorious will go bigger than Outcast but if you screw up the landing the breaks are more severe.
  • Weak point on rear tower if you land on the wing, sheers off screws constantly.
  • Diffs are really really sensitive to landing on throttle. If you ask me they are undersized and the biggest major weakness of the Arrma 6s platform. The new exb diffs aren't terrible but it's not a trivial upgrade. All 3 diffs and input gears would be over 200 dollars to replace.

Overall you can't go wrong with either one, Super saver club for 10 dollars on Tower Hobbies will get you access to use 15% off coupon which brings Noto down to 470ish and Outcast 4s to 382.50.

Personally I would lean towards Outcast for newer drivers. Noto can be a bit more intense to work on than the 4s cars. Both of them are awesome rigs though and I would be stoked with either one.

Last edited:
Pros on Outcast4s
  • Cheaper batteries/chargers
  • Lighter weight
  • Cheaper repairs
  • Larger differentials
  • Same servo as 6s with less weight to steer
Cons on Outcast4s
  • Plastic is sort of pro and con, it's flexier which can cause breaks where metal meets the plastic, sometimes motor mount bends and doesn't bend back
  • Less power overall than Noto, but feels pretty proportional to the weight difference
  • Servo saver is horrible and there aren't many good upgrade options
  • Steering rack is sloppy, plastic pivot balls wear out and precise steering is impossible
  • Parts availability is among the worst in Arrma's whole fleet, only 3 cars on the platform so Arrma doesn't keep stock as well
  • Plastic shock tower breaks on hard impacts
  • Somewhat expensive for a beefed up version of Arrma 3s line
Pros on Notorious
  • 6s POWAH
  • More metal more better* (sometimes)
  • Parts availability is generally excellent, many shared parts on 6s arrma platform
  • Cool body does scratched restomod look that still looks nice as it wears
  • Aluminum shock towers hold up much better than 4s plastic shock towers
  • More value for price, only 100 dollars more than Outcast 4s
Cons on Notorious
  • Steering servo is same as on 4s, can sometimes feel inadequate. There's a new version of the electronics with a new servo so ideally you'd get the new one, old one was replace instantly territory.
  • Stock saver on old version was hot garbage, but cheap amazon upgrade can mostly fix it.
  • Batteries are more expensive for 6s, chargers as well.
  • Heavier
  • Power can also be a downside, more prone to breaks if driving is poor. Outcast durability with beginner drivers making mistakes will be better. Noto is by no means a weak car but it has some weak points that are made worse if you land poorly. Notorious will go bigger than Outcast but if you screw up the landing the breaks are more severe.
  • Weak point on rear tower if you land on the wing, sheers off screws constantly.
  • Diffs are really really sensitive to landing on throttle. If you ask me they are undersized and the biggest major weakness of the Arrma 6s platform. The new exb diffs aren't terrible but it's not a trivial upgrade. All 3 diffs and input gears would be over 200 dollars to replace.

Overall you can't go wrong with either one, Super saver club for 10 dollars on Tower Hobbies will get you access to use 15% off coupon which brings Noto down to 470ish and Outcast 4s to 382.50.

Personally I would lean towards Outcast for newer drivers. Noto can be a bit more intense to work on than the 4s cars. Both of them are awesome rigs though and I would be stoked with either one.
Thank you for the detailed reply.

Great. Thank you.

Back