Outcast Outcast 4s weak points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I 💖Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
So im getting the 4s 4x4 cause I miss the kraton but I like the outcast body style. Anyways if its anything like the kraton I'd assume its all plastic so what are some common break points im thinking of upgrading those along with maybe some better shocks to help with the big jumps imma do on campus.

The new shocks are very nice, I don't think they are worth upgrading anymore unless you absolutely have to have the adjustable shocks on the fly, which I assume most people set it and forget it. These v2.5 trucks are quite awesome I love all the new parts on them. I have broken anything on my mojave or my outcast xxl

The new shocks are very nice, I don't think they are worth upgrading anymore unless you absolutely have to have the adjustable shocks on the fly, which I assume most people set it and forget it. These v2.5 trucks are quite awesome I love all the new parts on them. I have broken anything on my mojave or my outcast xxl
My kraton was reliable but the plastic a arms were allways snapping in the wi ter time so thats why I'm debating going aluminum but a part of me feels like is I get nice aluminum parts it'll be to slow

Well you get the aluminum arms and then in the winter you might start snapping the chassis at the hinge pins. They aren't that much heavier so that's not really going to change your speed

My kraton was reliable but the plastic a arms were allways snapping in the wi ter time so thats why I'm debating going aluminum but a part of me feels like is I get nice aluminum parts it'll be to slow
The new 4s cars have very durable arms that have little flex and already cause issues with breaking chassis near the hinge pin area. Aluminum arms will only amplify the issue, instead of spending 75-100 bucks on those (which will be worse), get yourself these three items:
M2C 3706 KRATON / OUTCAST 4S V2 / 2.5 A & D BLOCKS
M2C 3030 KRATON,TALION, OUTCAST, S SERIES, HARDENED STEEL HINGE PINS (need to drill in a couple mm to fit these)
and once the bash bar comes out for 2.5, buy that too.

Bonus, get a 3d printed motor support but I don't know if the new center diff style plate needs it!

AFAIK this fixes 90% of the plastic chassis issues.
So go full aluminum got it
Definitely don't, it'll just break the chassis over and over

Alloy arms will take out the chassis easier and other related parts as well. I don't have one, just that the 2.5 still has chassis breakage issues. So I passed on this 2.5 4s 4x4 myself. Sure it is cheap enough to replace, But will still take much time wrenching to swap out a chassis no matter how you slice it, as with most any chassis swap. Not tragic I guess. Some don't mind wrenching at all. It appears to be the nicest 4x4 to date.(y)
We all drive differently. So take this with a grain of salt. Your mileage will vary.
Just, I seen in videos, a few light hits to the nose, no jumping, can take out the 2.5 4s chassis. And probably more so in very cold climates. It's just a 4x4 thing, any of them. Consider a chassis spine upgrade. Might help. IDK.
Just me.

season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back