Outcast exb suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will.

Reaction score
I've almost finished my outcast and I've added about 1lb in weight to the beast! Do you think I should strengthened the suspension? Upgrade or modify?
What is everyone else using on rigs carrying a little extra weight?

Thanks alot.

20211215_141606.jpg

20211215_141410.jpg

20211215_141457.jpg

Where exactly do you feel that extra weight came from. Looks pretty much stock in the pix. Adding the stock electrics is pretty much expected weight anyway. That alloy chassis spline/ brace is probbably the biggest weight addition that I cans see. Maybe overkill on this SWB chassis. IMHO. Also have to consider actual running weight. Body and Lipo installed. Run as is to reveal any weak points/ breakage if any. Just enjoy it as is for now. We all bash differently. Looks like you addressed most of the weak ponts already.
You may just want to replace some parts as they break.
Use:
RPM wing mounts. Boil them in water for 15 minutes before installing. Will remain more flexible before they crack.
Tekno shock rod ends, spring retainers and balls are best when the stockers break.
Consider heavier spring rates or alter shock oils if needed. Need to drive it first. Make sure shock droop and shock preload is correct while the rig is in full running trim weight wise. I make the arms pretty much level with the ground as a start.
I use CF sleeve over the alloy stocker T2T brace. So it wont bend.
Others will have their ideas as well.
Just drive it for now.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back