Outcast EXB Build—-An Outcast named Ponyboy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Around about this time a year ago Arrma had a blowout sale on the Outcast 6s EXB, so I bought one… and let it sit in the box for a few months.

Then in Decemberish I got an itch and opened it up.

AC5BD87F-7DDA-4E74-9BF8-64CB4F37D6D0.jpeg

Just your run of the mill Outcast with decals installed terribly…

F14AD2F6-6D21-47AF-9F2F-C25899333C27.jpeg

05656633-CF21-4716-BFE8-1FA78C5065FD.jpeg

Oh well, what’s cool about this one is, it’s a super secret limited edition 6s roller…

265CC371-B29F-47EC-91E3-B7B40C2FCFFC.jpeg

Jk, jk, I promptly took that stuff out and sold it off. Might have gone too far taking stuff out though.

91A90447-2CF1-4CB4-9507-EC01BC1E8732.jpeg

At this point, the plan was pretty simple. Some reused m2c tower I had from another build, max6 with a surpass hobby 1650kv, some custom anodizing and call it a day.

And then I let it sit again for another 8ish months until sometime in August. I think I’ve built it so many times in my head that I’ve just kept hitting pause. But I figured out how to use Aliexpress and saw some neat ADU (DU?) racing stuff and might have gotten carried away.

314FFFC3-8F57-4D65-9BBE-81EDF84663CE.jpeg

And some nice cheap metal bulkheads.

E3EF3790-97A4-4353-8D7D-0EC307744AA0.jpeg

381F44A7-BAFD-4156-9504-B82852FEE028.jpeg

It all looks pretty decent for the price. Took a while to get coming from the land of the rising sun, but obviously I’m not in a hurry.

I honestly got busy trying to buy a house and forgot about it. Didn’t get the house, so there’s a chance!
That’s cool, prolly best to wait till interest rates come down a little anyway..

That’s cool, prolly best to wait till interest rates come down a little anyway..

That’s what I thought, but a pretty decent property on 10+ acres came up so we went for it. Down here it’s tough to find decent acreages.

Congrats on your home purchase! Most Americans have been priced out of the market combined with the high rates. It's ridiculous what those monthly payments have skyrocketed to. I feel sorry for the younger folks trying to grasp the American dream. Glad to see it worked out for you!

Congrats on your home purchase! Most Americans have been priced out of the market combined with the high rates. It's ridiculous what those monthly payments have skyrocketed to. I feel sorry for the younger folks trying to grasp the American dream. Glad to see it worked out for you!

Oh no, it didn’t work out. We were high offer, but got beat out by a cash offer. I’m still decently young trying to grab the American Dream, and it can be quite discouraging at times, but it is what it is and we live to fight another day.

Oh no, it didn’t work out. We were high offer, but got beat out by a cash offer. I’m still decently young trying to grab the American Dream, and it can be quite discouraging at times, but it is what it is and we live to fight another day.
Hang in there brother, something will come up for ya. Took me till 40 to get my $hit in order and put my roots down.. my bro was exact opposite. He married, bought the house and had the kids by 25. Now he's divorced and living in an apartment..poor fella. Keep lookin, if it's meant to be, it'll be.👍🍻

Well in my typical slow fashion, no progress has been made. But I sent stuff off to get anodized on Friday so hopefully within a week or two I can start putting Humpty Dumpty back together again. I did go ahead and order the ADU front brace mount thing. Probably a bit of overkill with the amount of metal, but we’ll see. Can always take it off I suppose.

Everything is coated, should hopefully get to start building next weekend

IMG_7858.jpeg

USPS finally got the goods dropped off and I found a little time to get the top side of the chassis wrapped.

IMG_8031.jpeg

Did pretty decent for my first real attempt at covering a chassis. The perimeter isn’t too bad, it’s making all the holes that gets a bit time consuming. I tried using a knife edge on a few and then I just used MIP drivers and pushed through.

IMG_8032.jpeg

@Xjeepguy already guessed it, but I’m going gold for this build, and I’m pretty stoked with how everything looks so far.

IMG_8039.jpeg

Well I slapped a ton together and didn’t take much for progress pictures, but here’s where I’m at and I’m loving it.

IMG_8034.jpeg

IMG_8035.jpeg

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_8037.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

IMG_8040.jpeg

IMG_8041.jpeg

IMG_8042.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

The servo horn I have on there isn’t quite long enough, so I’ll probably swap to a different I also got done in gold. The servo could also be spaced up a touch more to allow a little more clearance under the chassis.

While I was putting the servo saver back together I did go ahead and install some Fast Eddings bearings on the posts, I should probably check to see if I have any spacers to shim up the spring.

So far I’m really happy with how it is turning out. I was a little nervous it’d be too much gold, but I feel like I’ve got a pretty good flow of black, gold and silver.

The mix of ADU, M2C and cheap aliexpress bulkheads is all working out wonderfully so far.

Well I slapped a ton together and didn’t take much for progress pictures, but here’s where I’m at and I’m loving it.

View attachment 340169

View attachment 340170

View attachment 340171

View attachment 340172

View attachment 340173

View attachment 340174

View attachment 340175

View attachment 340176

View attachment 340177

View attachment 340178

The servo horn I have on there isn’t quite long enough, so I’ll probably swap to a different I also got done in gold. The servo could also be spaced up a touch more to allow a little more clearance under the chassis.

While I was putting the servo saver back together I did go ahead and install some Fast Eddings bearings on the posts, I should probably check to see if I have any spacers to shim up the spring.

So far I’m really happy with how it is turning out. I was a little nervous it’d be too much gold, but I feel like I’ve got a pretty good flow of black, gold and silver.

The mix of ADU, M2C and cheap aliexpress bulkheads is all working out wonderfully so far.
Bro, that looks incredible. Awesome build!!

Back