Typhon PB’s on a SWB Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I’m building one as we speak. Would love to see some of your PB’s as pretty much everybody runs a stretched Typhon for speed runs and nobody ever mentions 325mm wheelbase cars. I’ve heard they’re super sketchy over 120…

I’m building one as we speak. Would love to see some of your PB’s as pretty much everybody runs a stretched Typhon for speed runs and nobody ever mentions 325mm wheelbase cars. I’ve heard they’re super sketchy over 120…
Pretty sure @K-BASH is THE MAN!!

Swb cars are much sketchyer that the longer wheelbase cars,be lighter,an shorter there's much less room for error.the lighter the car,the harder it is to tune,tuned correctly an an they are a blast,I've got 3 1/8 swb speeders
119 on 3s
116 on 4s
130 on 5s and just did 1st 6s hit ever with swb 130...there's no need for anything over 6s imo...
The swb car cost far less to build for running..

Swb cars are much sketchyer that the longer wheelbase cars,be lighter,an shorter there's much less room for error.the lighter the car,the harder it is to tune,tuned correctly an an they are a blast,I've got 3 1/8 swb speeders
119 on 3s
116 on 4s
130 on 5s and just did 1st 6s hit ever with swb 130...there's no need for anything over 6s imo...
The swb car cost far less to build for running..
Impressive numbers, especially the 119 on 3s! I’ll start a build thread when it starts to come together.

Impressive numbers, especially the 119 on 3s! I’ll start a build thread when it starts to come together.
I misread thread...those are my typhon gt pbz..regular typhon are not as good...I've mounted xlx2 in typhon with room by flipping the motor mount...in the end the xlx2 is the way to go...glad to answer any questions on all the typhon builds I've tried..BTW the 3s typhon body is about 1in taller helping fit everything under body,I've come up with some things to fit 8s under body

I misread thread...those are my typhon gt pbz..regular typhon are not as good...I've mounted xlx2 in typhon with room by flipping the motor mount...in the end the xlx2 is the way to go...glad to answer any questions on all the typhon builds I've tried..BTW the 3s typhon body is about 1in taller helping fit everything under body,I've come up with some things to fit 8s under body
My build will be GT as well with side skirts, only SWB. I’m just trying to join the 100mph club without crashing it into oblivion. At the moment, it will be a Max 6 in there, just because I own it. Thanks for the offer, I’m quite sure I’ll take you up on it!

I really like the EMP trays on the Typhon 6s to make it a GT car.

This one was from a few years ago:
8th gt setup.jpg

I've got a good link on a 30$ piece of cf that will work perfectly for both sides....don't have good service at the moment an at work ,I'll send it to ya when I get a min.

20220708_192437.jpg

20220708_192516.jpg

I used vendetta mounts front an rear on both my swb gt setups,has worked great,I've definitely torture tested it..easiest,cheapest way that works great
Thread 'BITTY 765 SPEEED MONSTER HYBRID' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bitty-765-speeed-monster-hybrid.53586/

Last edited:
I really like the EMP trays on the Typhon 6s to make it a GT car.

This one was from a few years ago:
View attachment 241986
I didn’t see those, but I like them. Where did you find the SWB center CF brace? I couldn’t find one, only for the stretched/Kraton chassis.
I've got a good link on a 30$ piece of cf that will work perfectly for both sides....don't have good service at the moment an at work ,I'll send it to ya when I get a min.

View attachment 241987

View attachment 241988
I used vendetta mounts front an rear on both my swb gt setups,has worked great,I've definitely torture tested it..easiest,cheapest way that works great
Thread 'BITTY 765 SPEEED MONSTER HYBRID' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bitty-765-speeed-monster-hybrid.53586/
I got the Island Hobby Nut CF skirts and the Saga battery mount loops.

My build will be GT as well with side skirts, only SWB. I’m just trying to join the 100mph club without crashing it into oblivion. At the moment, it will be a Max 6 in there, just because I own it. Thanks for the offer, I’m quite sure I’ll take you up on it!
My max6 cutout @ about 92-93 fwiw.
You decide on a motor yet?

My max6 cutout @ about 92-93 fwiw.
You decide on a motor yet?
I have a stand alone BEC to run the rx and servo and an 8S cap pack on the ESC. I’m hoping that will help. Will be running a TP 5660.

I have a stand alone BEC to run the rx and servo and an 8S cap pack on the ESC. I’m hoping that will help. Will be running a TP 5660.
How did it work out for you? I just recently put a TP 5650 into my Typhon GT and it's kind of great haha. Geared for 80 mph and it literally never gets hot with my fans.

How did it work out for you? I just recently put a TP 5650 into my Typhon GT and it's kind of great haha. Geared for 80 mph and it literally never gets hot with my fans.
Well, I’ll let you know when I’m done building it, lol. Still waiting on a couple parts to come in. I also bit the (8mm) bullets and bought an XLX2. We shall see, I’m psyched to get this thing finished. Hopefully this week.

I’ve been doing (too much?) research on this build. Taking cues from a number of people on here and following a lot of advice. @K-BASH is the on-site SWB speed guru and he’s been a real inspiration, especially with the numbers he’s been posting on these 325mm GT builds. @LibertyMKiii is of course as helpful as humanly possible, as always, and @Diem Turner and you @Moirae have helped a out as well. This is a great community.
Some of the advice I’ve taken really goes against both what my build plan started as, and against some of my accepted principles in the hobby. Such as dropping money on an XLX2 when I already had a Max6, and using aluminum a-arms. Literally everybody just rolled their eyes at a Max6 in a speed runner, listed a million reasons why I should go Castle, and I couldn‘t really argue with any of them. So….XLX2 it is. Also, @K-BASH pointed out that the cars are a real handful at speed and proper setup is key, as is a little bit of weight in the car to help keep it planted. That advice, along with Liberty and Diem citing a lot of flex in the factory a-arms, has convinced me to go with aluminum arms. Eliminates flex, adds a little weight, and adds that weight down low in the chassis to get a much better cg.
I’m waiting on a of couple bits and pieces and hope to get everything completely mocked up this week. Then I’ll spend a day on disassembly, lock-tighting, torquing, and initial setup.
I’ll be sharing literally everything I do and welcome advice, criticism, and support from anyone who has an opinion. Watch for an imminent build thread in a forum near you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back