Typhon 118MPH on 6s Stretched Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
I have recently posted a build of my stretched typhon on a Kraton chassis running the xlx2 esc and castle creations 1721 2400KV motor. After my first run out I was able to reach my highest speed yet of 118MPH on 6s. I plan on gearing up and seeing what I can get out of it on 6s and eventually run 8s…

IMG_5465.png

IMG_5470.jpeg

IMG_5469.jpeg

I have recently posted a build of my stretched typhon on a Kraton chassis running the xlx2 esc and castle creations 1721 2400KV motor. After my first run out I was able to reach my highest speed yet of 118MPH on 6s. I plan on gearing up and seeing what I can get out of it on 6s and eventually run 8s…

View attachment 312972

View attachment 312973

View attachment 312974
Congratulations of your 118mph PB.
It would be a good idea to switch to GRP tires if your going to keep pushing for more speed. Some have ran hoons up past 130mph but most will tell you that is an exception. I would hate for a blown tire to tear up such a great car that you built.
You should post in the "how fast did you go today" thread. Keep up the good work 👍

118 is a solid run!
Absolutely, thank you. Just wanted to pass 100mph and got it with ease. Gonna see what I can get out of 6s before going to 8s
Congratulations of your 118mph PB.
It would be a good idea to switch to GRP tires if your going to keep pushing for more speed. Some have ran hoons up past 130mph but most will tell you that is an exception. I would hate for a blown tire to tear up such a great car that you built.
You should post in the "how fast did you go today" thread. Keep up the good work 👍
Thank you, I appreciate the tips! I do plan on going Grp tires very soon hopefully by end of the week.. I have had a yellow hoon blow out on me at 87 mph so I was impressed these silver hoons made it to this speed. I always check the glue after each run as well but I’d have to agree wouldn’t want it to destroy my build

Made a pass today at 119mph new PB from 118mph. Xlx2 esc Castlecreations 1721 2400kv combo running 34/34 gearing on 6s, blew out a rear silver hoon tire….

View attachment 313409
Time to get rid of those hoons
Made a pass today at 119mph new PB from 118mph. Xlx2 esc Castlecreations 1721 2400kv combo running 34/34 gearing on 6s, blew out a rear silver hoon tire….

View attachment 313409
What kind of gearing selection do you have?? I had a ton of fun myself going down to 3s and pushing hard in that voltage to get the most I could, then went up to 4s and went faster than I ever thought I'd go even on 6s. Either way, congratulations on your new PB brother 👏 keep pushing
In my case, it was all with a stretched typhon as well. Tried quite a few different motors though.

Absolutely… I wanted to see what I could get out of them. Just ordered some foams that most people use supposedly? Idk, pretty new to the speed world but this things quick. Although I did get 118mph with 29T pinion and 34T spool wonder why only 1MPH increase, maybe bad battery or just the hoons
Very nice. Congrats is in order.
Thank you, gonna keep pushing…

What kind of gearing selection do you have?? I had a ton of fun myself going down to 3s and pushing hard in that voltage to get the most I could, then went up to 4s and went faster than I ever thought I'd go even on 6s. Either way, congratulations on your new PB brother 👏 keep pushing
In my case, it was all with a stretched typhon as well. Tried quite a few different motors though.
Honestly as I’m pretty new I just started off with 29t pinion 34t spool, I got 118mph. I then swapped straight to the 34T pinion with the 34T spool and got 119mph… this is my first ever speed run car. Still playing around with it a lot and 6s battery’s are all I have at the moment from my Kraton basher

Absolutely… I wanted to see what I could get out of them. Just ordered some foams that most people use supposedly? Idk, pretty new to the speed world but this things quick. Although I did get 118mph with 29T pinion and 34T spool wonder why only 1MPH increase, maybe bad battery or just the hoons

Be warned, foams on a buggy is very difficult to drive at first. VERY. Go easy on your first few passes and be real smooth and slow on the trigger.

Honestly as I’m pretty new I just started off with 29t pinion 34t spool, I got 118mph. I then swapped straight to the 34T pinion with the 34T spool and got 119mph… this is my first ever speed run car. Still playing around with it a lot and 6s battery’s are all I have at the moment from my Kraton basher
Start getting some gears here and there when you can. I bought 2 a week for a while, till I had a good assortment. If you ever change motors or just want to try a different car as a speed car, it's great to have some gears to fool around with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back