Kraton PlasticWeld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EwhoA

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
A few days ago the set screw on the main input shaft, front diff, backed out and my car wouldn't go. At the time I thought something in the front diff had broken. Turns out it was just a set screw.

Anyhow, I started to take it all apart when I discovered this screw was broken on the front of the gear box. I ordered a new stock gearbox, but I'm going to try and make the repair with this PlasticWeld and see how it holds up.

I cleaned everything up and used sand paper to scuff the area around the screw. I'll let it set up for a little bit and then back the screw out. Should be interesting. I'll clean it all up with a my Dremel when it's done and see what happens.

Anyone made a repair with this stuff??

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_140714.jpg
    IMG_20200416_140714.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200416_142052__01.jpg
    IMG_20200416_142052__01.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 35
that should hold until you get your new case... luckily you still have one side to hold the brunt of the bumper...?

That other side ended up being stripped out towards the front and I didn't have long enough screws to put it together. So the wait continues. I have that gear box coming and 2x 4S 6000 mAh batteries. I'm ready to tear it up!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back