Mojave Please help me with this T-bone front bumper install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
So today I get my T-bone front bumper for the Mojave. No instructions, looked up on YouTube and through a lot of what’s available on this forum. Nothing that shows me what I really need to know. Through pictures and deductive reasoning I am figuring out slowly where some of the bolts go, but does anyone have any helpful suggestions or an install video on how to do this? They have a video for the Keaton, the Senton, other models......but nothing for the Mojave. Any help is appreciated, just a little five minute video would be incredibly helpful. If the body fit behind the stock bumper instead of in front of it I just be tempted to leave the T-bone off.

Have videoconference for the next few hours, but anyone with helpful hints or videos, PLEASE SEND MY WAY!!!!!

I’ll send ya a vid of mine when I get home. It’s really simple once u see where it goes. Basically put it together first then install on the truck. Top piece goes on top bulkhead cover.

I’ll send ya a vid of mine when I get home. It’s really simple once u see where it goes. Basically put it together first then install on the truck. Top piece goes on top bulkhead cover.
Oh man if you could do that I would sure appreciate it! Whatever details are helpful and pertinent, please include! Thank you thank you!

Won’t be til later tonight but will do.

Won’t be til later tonight but will do.
Thats perfectly fine..... I may be calling it a night soon, been a long day.... and like I said, any/all details from start to finish is appreciated....maybe you could forward it to TBone and get royalties for each view, as they decided to not make a how to video or include any instructions for the Mojave
:unsure::devilish:(y):sneaky::cool:;)
THANX AGAIN

Sorry for the delay. Can u post pics of the bumper you have. I want to make sure it’s not a newer version and the same as I’ve got.

Won’t be til later tonight but will do
Sorry for the delay. Can u post pics of the bumper you have. I want to make sure it’s not a newer version and the same as I’ve got.
It’s a three-piece assemble. I think I have an idea of how it goes, but it sure through a monkey wrench by sending a bunch of screws with it. I’m going to give it a try and see if I can get it to go together

Ok. The three pieces are bolted together w the smaller short 2mm screws and nylon nuts.
B591445B-78F9-4CDF-BD77-CD20064C6920.jpeg

Obviously the 2.5mm screws (4) screw on the front bumper rails.
B3F3B2BC-FD1C-4A0D-BA09-09516C94A799.jpeg

then remove the two top screws from your diff cover and install the (2) 2mm screws and spacers to the top layer of the bumper to the top diff cover. Mine are in gold
7A9B1B38-4311-4812-A313-2D7AD2C25E3E.jpeg

then flip her upside down and see where the remaining 2.5mm screws and 2mm screws attach. Remove the 2 rear screws from under the bulkhead. I did all 4 on mine after having a m2c skid so ignore the two extra
5FFB224A-AA2F-4209-960F-C8F9A3A1768E.jpeg

the screws should be a little longer than the stock ones you removed.
hope this helps.

Yes sir! The one that I got is very similar to yours, however, mine only has four holes on the underside of the main body plate. I did re-use two stock screws, otherwise use the longer screws provided with the bumper. The screws that go through all three pieces in the assembly are longer than the ones you used, but I was able to piece it together and I thank you for your help!

I did not remove the assembly that the stock bumper attaches to, but it doesn’t seem to interfere with anything or conflict with the operation of the new bumper or the body itself, so I may very well just leave it alone

EC4BCE21-23A2-472D-B352-5D8AA8ACD1B4.jpeg
12A682E5-98A5-49E0-9D55-CAE9DDEE2584.jpeg
AFB85F5C-D21F-4F44-A69D-8ED3D7D21060.jpeg
74F9F47A-3DB0-4176-B1C4-12079C434525.jpeg
5F30591E-2B97-4AF1-95D0-924958E1B6C1.jpeg
FF33E7F6-DF95-4931-995A-48ED82CEB40E.jpeg

3D473D51-308E-4274-A2E4-6A35396F4227.jpeg

These pics did not appear in the order I preferred, but here goes.....
from the top down

1) a concern.... the body seems to 'rest' on the bumper..... would you suggest a very mild trim treatment? I prefer to leave the body alone for now..... the front body clips can be used without much pressure downward on the body....just a little.... prefer none.... I have a small phillips head screwdriver pointing at the area of contact
2) My finger pointing at the bumper.... the screws holding the horizontal bars were preinstalled from manufacturer.... must not have been preinstalled for your version
3) The4 bolts holding on bottom....vs 6 on yours..... I did apply blue loctite to all screws .... every last one..... before insertion
4)The stock bumper mount remains in place..... doesn't seem to hurt much, but it did make reaching the bulkhead tricky.....also, note the length of the bolts that hold all three pieces of the bumper together..... they provided shorter ones, but chose to use these, wasn't sure the shorter would provide full nut length on the locknuts, and they don't appear to obstruct/interfere with anything
5 & 6 ) self explanatory , and 7 is just a repeat.....

The little spacers and washers provided by manufacturer.... I saw in a Senton video where they used the spacers..... went to use mine in like manner and lost one......went on floor and pooof! DISAPPERED. So , I didn't use the other and just went without.

Thank you for your help..... a good amount of info available for other models for this bumper.... common sense and tinkering can go a long ways, but I am leery of going at anything without having a good idea of what needs to be done.

Again....thanx
BTW, your FPV video of your jacked up rig is really cool, especially from what would be the drivers viewpoint!

Last edited:
I think the spacers help keep it away from the body. You can use washers. The remaining stock bumper piece might cause interference w the flexing of this new one. Mine is old and beat but still has nice rebound to it but will hit the body on impact. U can also try raising the body posts up one notch to gain clearance. My body actually rested on the small nylon nuts which I didn’t mind at all. Glad I was able to provide some insight. Lmk if there’s any further info needed.
subscribe to my channel for better FPV vids coming real soon! I’m going to be trying different POV and different settings.

I think the spacers help keep it away from the body. You can use washers. The remaining stock bumper piece might cause interference w the flexing of this new one. Mine is old and beat but still has nice rebound to it but will hit the body on impact. U can also try raising the body posts up one notch to gain clearance. My body actually rested on the small nylon nuts which I didn’t mind at all. Glad I was able to provide some insight. Lmk if there’s any further info needed.
subscribe to my channel for better FPV vids coming real soon! I’m going to be trying different POV and different settings.
What’s your channel? Is it YouTube, ??
I may just go without washers/ spacers. especially now that the bolts are in place with loctite
I may very well remove the stock bumper mount

thanx again

Last edited:
Subscribe! Thx brotha
Don't be surprised if I have some questions about FPV.....have been reading really good info in the forum, have some ideas, Lovestricken has a thread, for example, and there is a FPV guru on here..... but I am looking for something very entry level.... no goggles needed, just to a recording device / storage device to view after downloading to computer.... hope that makes sense

Its a rush to see the camera view from the 'drivers' viewpoint

Check out my other vids from inside the cockpit! The recent ones came out terrible cuz of the added vibration not having the center loop installed that holds the roll cage. I’ve got the pilot and co pilot removed for the most recent ones. Makes it a lot easier to access the GoPro when finished lol.

Check out my other vids from inside the cockpit! The recent ones came out terrible cuz of the added vibration not having the center loop installed that holds the roll cage. I’ve got the pilot and co pilot removed for the most recent ones. Makes it a lot easier to access the GoPro when finished lol.
will do.... going to your channel now & subscribe (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back