Kraton Got this issue now please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sipes190

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So when I got everything that was broke fixed I tried to test my car and it was lagging with throttle impute I would hit the gas and it wouldn’t do anything then it would take off in a random direction and it goes till it wants to stop idk what is wrong

So when I got everything that was broke fixed I tried to test my car and it was lagging with throttle impute I would hit the gas and it wouldn’t do anything then it would take off in a random direction and it goes till it wants to stop idk what is wrong

First of all since it's not the stock radio..
Did you try rebinding it to the receiver and then do a recalibration for the ESC?

Make sure you set all the trims back to neutral Before you do your calibrations.

Did you try rebinding it to the receiver and then do a recalibration for the ESC?

Make sure you set all the trims back to neutral Before you do your calibrations.
Good place to start, it does seem like a radio/receiver problem. Antenna wire on the receiver still in good shape? Crazy question but did you try new batteries in the remote? Does the problem change if you backup a few feet?

If something has failed there, I like the SLT3, inexpensive and has always worked good for us.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...et-system-tactic-ttx300-tr326-kraton-ar102696

Last edited:

Yeah it is not the stock radio it’s just what came with it when I bought it and no I did not try to rebind it I will try that tomorrow and see if it works is there a good video on YouTube of how to rebind the kraton to the remote
Good place to start, it does seem like a radio/receiver problem. Antenna wire on the receiver still in good shape? Crazy question but did you try new batteries in the remote? Does the problem change if you backup a few feet?

If something has failed there, I like the SLT3, inexpensive and has always worked good for us.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...et-system-tactic-ttx300-tr326-kraton-ar102696
lol thank you for all that I am going to try with the easiest changing the batteries on the remote I bought all brand new ones if that doesn’t work I should re calibrate it because the antenna on the car does look fine

image.jpg

Yeah it is not the stock radio it’s just what came with it when I bought it and no I did not try to rebind it I will try that tomorrow and see if it works is there a good video on YouTube of how to rebind the kraton to the remote

lol thank you for all that I am going to try with the easiest changing the batteries on the remote I bought all brand new ones if that doesn’t work I should re calibrate it because the antenna on the car does look fine

View attachment 355166
That is just the protection tube, remove the 4 screws off the receiver cover and see what's inside.

You will also want to see what model receiver is in there and get access to re-bind the receiver to the remote.

Ok I put new batteries in it and it was working fine I took it out for a test and I did like 3 passes at full speed and then the car stopped it didn’t stop running power wise but it would not move so I went to it turned it off and back on and it won’t do the start up beeping and it won’t tick the motor you guys know when you turn it on it moves the motor verry slightly well not mine won’t do anything but steering I am not hard on my car at all I don’t hit jump and hard landing I just drive it in the parks and now this is what it does Please tell me I don’t need a new motor😢

Last edited:
Does it still steer? Can you see the ESC led indicator and what it is showing you?

Does it still steer? Can you see the ESC led indicator and what it is showing you?
Yes I can still steer and the esc light is green I let the car cool down and I just turned it on it won’t do the start up beeping but now when I hit the gas it spins but makes a bad sound and I think a wheel is spinning backwards I’m not sure is there want way anyone can video call me or something so I can show you without taking a video and creating a YouTube video and posting the link is there any way that we can video call and I can show someone what’s happening I’m just so confused on why it won’t do the start up beep and motor twitch

Yes I can still steer and the esc light is green I let the car cool down and I just turned it on it won’t do the start up beeping but now when I hit the gas it spins but makes a bad sound and I think a wheel is spinning backwards I’m not sure is there want way anyone can video call me or something so I can show you without taking a video and creating a YouTube video and posting the link is there any way that we can video call and I can show someone what’s happening I’m just so confused on why it won’t do the start up beep and motor twitch
This is where having some spare parts really goes a long ways. Your truck is definitely having some issues.

I have enough spares that I begin the process of elimination when a problems occurs. Your video showing the erratic control with the remote reminds me of a receiver/remote problem. I would re-bind them and re-calibrate with the ESC (the manuals describe how for the Dumbo RC radio/receiver and the Spektrum Firma 150 ESC you have), if that doesn't help try a different remote and receiver. If the problem persists, try a different 6S ESC, and then a different motor.

Make sure the drivetrain rolls smooth with no motor attached and that all wheels are spinning in the same direction.

Buying a used rig is tough, just never know for sure what the condition of everything is.

This is where having some spare parts really goes a long ways. Your truck is definitely having some issues.

I have enough spares that I begin the process of elimination when a problems occurs. Your video showing the erratic control with the remote reminds me of a receiver/remote problem. I would re-bind them and re-calibrate with the ESC (the manuals describe how for the Dumbo RC radio/receiver and the Spektrum Firma 150 ESC you have), if that doesn't help try a different remote and receiver. If the problem persists, try a different 6S ESC, and then a different motor.

Make sure the drivetrain rolls smooth with no motor attached and that all wheels are spinning in the same direction.

Buying a used rig is tough, just never know for sure what the condition of everything is.
Is there any way I can get someone’s like Facebook or phone number to call to figure it out the remote is working good it’s something with the motor is what I’m thinking but when I hold the set button and click the power on the car it doesn’t go into the calibration mode tomorrow I have the day off from work if there’s anyone that. Can get on a call with me if appreciate it If anyone does my phone number is (520) 484-6156

Do you have a hobby shop nearby? Try them, they should be able to figure out what’s wrong.

Is there any way I can get someone’s like Facebook or phone number to call to figure it out the remote is working good it’s something with the motor is what I’m thinking but when I hold the set button and click the power on the car it doesn’t go into the calibration mode tomorrow I have the day off from work if there’s anyone that. Can get on a call with me if appropriate it

Do you have a hobby shop nearby? Try them, they should be able to figure out what’s wrong.
Unfortunately I don’t I don’t know of any of anyone does know of a shop or anything I have looked if anyone knows of one in Tucson Arizona please let me know

Try these, take out servo connection from rx and turn on, bad servos can make trouble. If you have the spectrum 2000kv motor you need new motor. Mine lost tone and just clogged when I throttled. Pulled rotor out and it looked brand new? Try connecting a different motor. You’ll get it and heck yeah it’s a frustrating learning curve.

Try these, take out servo connection from rx and turn on, bad servos can make trouble. If you have the spectrum 2000kv motor you need new motor. Mine lost tone and just clogged when I throttled. Pulled rotor out and it looked brand new? Try connecting a different motor. You’ll get it and heck yeah it’s a frustrating learning curve.
Motors don't break (or hardly ever), unless it seriously overheated and you would see that because the rotor would look like a fur ball.
Cogging has many reasons, hardly ever a defective motor. Check that the bullets are still soldered to motor and ESC, any crazy ESC setting for punch or changed pinion or using bigger tires?

Back