Powerhobby gripper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of all the GRP compounds, there’s lots to choose.. I know GRP’s are based on ambient temp and road type/condition, but are they also based on speed ratings? My application would be no prep drag racing up to 100mph and I’m in south FL on a standard paved road. Av road temps 85-100°F… so would an extra soft compound rip easier at high speeds than a medium compound? What about torque? How would an ultra soft compound perform with prep solution in a 80-100 mph drag! I’m thinking a med or
a med soft compound… I did get some decent footage on 8s…. In two runs it held a solid 1G alll the way down steady till failure at 80mph under load. The hoons don’t hook as well but I treated them the same way to get a solid comparison in the same video I ran 8s and the hoons took it. Even up to 94mph the hoons took it. So what do we think?

I ran their soft compound (XM3) year-round because I wanted max grip. I was doing speed running but had no issues running on road surface temps 50f in the winter, up to 125 F in August.

I took them up to 130 mph range and stopped there in fear (swapped to BSR foams at that point)

I'll take more grip over tire wear any day, but never noticed significant wear. I'd imagine if you are doing drag racing you want max grip always.

I ran their soft compound (XM3) year-round because I wanted max grip. I was doing speed running but had no issues running on road surface temps 50f in the winter, up to 125 F in August.

I took them up to 130 mph range and stopped there in fear (swapped to BSR foams at that point)

I'll take more grip over tire wear any day, but never noticed significant wear. I'd imagine if you are doing drag racing you want max grip always.

First purchase was xm4 and xm5… I like them both but for the corse street surface I run on most times ill still be good with a xm7 maybe even a slick for the extra rubber as I’d imagine due to no tread lines. I noticed that get hot easy and they hold that heat for a long time which can be more beneficial than not. I’m inquiring on the rigid rim since the flex rims get soooo soft and flexible when warmed up. I’m sure that’s fine for smooth flat surfaces but would have to take a chance running those rigid rims on corse asphalt.

First purchase was xm4 and xm5… I like them both but for the corse street surface I run on most times ill still be good with a xm7 maybe even a slick for the extra rubber as I’d imagine due to no tread lines. I noticed that get hot easy and they hold that heat for a long time which can be more beneficial than not. I’m inquiring on the rigid rim since the flex rims get soooo soft and flexible when warmed up. I’m sure that’s fine for smooth flat surfaces but would have to take a chance running those rigid rims on corse asphalt.
Yes the J- rigid wheel is the way to go assuming you don't mind the color.
k-bash likes the slicks better than the treaded tires and has been able to run over 150 mph with them (of course adding some additional glue and good balancing of the wheel/tire)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back