PowerHobby Grippers usage on the Infraction, Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Hello fam

Seen some posts on the PowerHobby Grippers, but I have missed or maybe cannot find the final thoughts. I have an Infraction v1 my goal is drifting no speed runs for me. Happy with the Hoons and somewhat happy with the GRPs. GRP for me as the wear-down turning in the front gets worse unless unlike when I add new fronts it turns on a dime. I do not see that issue with the Hoons maybe it's just a taller thicker tire that doesn't wear as low as the GRP...not sure.

Anyway the PH Grippers:

Seen some staggered 42-front 54-rear like Mr. Duke. How does that work in action? It was bad on my Felony I sold but was size/gear change on Felony.

• Grippers do well in bashing
  • Grippers do well in bashing if staggered since they are the same 100 height
  • Or just 42/100 all around on Infraction how does that compare
  • If you can compare Hoon and GRP S5/S7 how do they compare
  • Overall thoughts on the PH Grippers
  • I assume the spacing issue is resolved and not hitting the hex
I know its a now a cheap tire just getting thoughts here from anyone...thx

@Mr.Duke @Paulcandb @Moirae @Speed/267

42/100
1652972722911.png

54/100
1652972745294.png

Hello fam

Seen some posts on the PowerHobby Grippers, but I have missed or maybe cannot find the final thoughts. I have an Infraction v1 my goal is drifting no speed runs for me. Happy with the Hoons and somewhat happy with the GRPs. GRP for me as the wear-down turning in the front gets worse unless unlike when I add new fronts it turns on a dime. I do not see that issue with the Hoons maybe it's just a taller thicker tire that doesn't wear as low as the GRP...not sure.

Anyway the PH Grippers:

Seen some staggered 42-front 54-rear like Mr. Duke. How does that work in action? It was bad on my Felony I sold but was size/gear change on Felony.

42/100
View attachment 218569

54/100
View attachment 218570
I just got some this wk, but haven't ran them. Sorry, soon as I get up & running I'll try em out

20220516_180107.jpg

Tbh I like them a lot more than I thought I would. I was hesitant at first because I had a bad experience with PowerHobby Phantom tires. I lost a chunk of tire 2 times back-to-back and after that I just said screw it and didn't buy a replacement. The Grippers have actually been great in comparison and they come with shims to fix the problem with the hubs or whatever.

I've had zero problems with these tires and they've been great on my Typhon. I also know Earl Moorhead from youtube also seems to love them a lot on his limitless. Something about the wider rear tires offering more contact with the ground which is a nice benefit. It's nothing like having a felony since the tires are the same diameter.

As far as drifting and what not I'm not super sure but I will say I'm pretty sure xm7 grps have more grip than the grippers. I think I would place grippers in-between hoons and grp xm7. My typhon can definitely swang that thang around pretty nicely with some throttle.

I'd buy them again and I wouldn't buy the proline felony tires again for comparison.

PS. This is the first time I've ever been @ for my opinion. It's a special moment for me. Thank you for the opportunity! :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am also not sure about drifting with them. They were good for general bashing and I tested them up around 75mph with no issues.

I tried a drift with my VTE2 and it rolled the car which is pretty hard to do with how low I have it setup.... It scratched my beloved Ferrari body so I never tried that again....

(pre flip scratch image of the wheels/tires with that body)
CF Wing.PNG

Hello fam

Anyway the PH Grippers:

42/100
View attachment 218569

54/100
View attachment 218570
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to run them on my limitless yet but as soon as the hoons on my typhon are burnt up I will be switching to the gripper 54/100 in all 4 corners

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back