Infraction Project 8S Infraction GT-ЯR Hot-Racing Overload!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCaDDict666

Non-Recovering RC Addict
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
Ok so this thing is getting to a ridiculous point. Went to the hobby shop for some SAGA gears and came out with a whole boat load of Hot Racing goodies for the shocks, structure and a few here and theres. Got the Scorch motor Mount and the Titanium driveshafts & Pinocchio spool installed and motor in place which looks and feels incredible! Got all the QS8’s soldered on the ESC and batteries and now it’s the fun part of assembling. I’ll post an updated photo in the coming days. The picture above is the rear end completed. Can’t wait to finalize this badass build!

A023DDCE-BB12-496C-AE87-FAEC2A52C089.jpeg

IMG_4132.jpeg

71296049920__9459883A-DACD-4096-9361-0A2BBD6A7E44.jpeg

The Castle 1717 motor has a 5mm shaft and the Scorched spool is an 8mm. I originally thought the castle was an 8mm too but I was wrong.

LOL! It all makes sense now!
If at some point you desire to try another motor, go with a motor like TP Power where you can get an 8mm shaft. At that point all you need is 8mm bore gears that can be swapped as pinion or spur config.

If at some point you desire to try another motor, go with a motor like TP Power where you can get an 8mm shaft. At that point all you need is 8mm bore gears that can be swapped as pinion or spur config.
Is there an 8S TP motor that will fit in the stock location? The 1717 is literally a perfect fit that’s why I went with that. I was going to put a 2028 in it but decided the 1717 was plentiful.

Any motor can run on 8S. What matters is the kV rating and how many rpm you are targeting.
For 8S you want to be in the 1250kV range for 40k rpm.

Is there an 8S TP motor that will fit in the stock location? The 1717 is literally a perfect fit that’s why I went with that. I was going to put a 2028 in it but decided the 1717 was plentiful.

I would say it depends what you are doing. If you are just parking lot bashing and your setup runs great and stays cool then don't change a thing!!!
If you want to speed run, then there may be an advantage of swapping motors. With that said you can buy a lot of pinions for the cost of a motor...

To answer your question TP Power has just about any size motor you could want in the 40mm can size. I am not very familiar with what will fit in the stock position but TP's site has the dimensions posted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back