Promodeler 4s servo install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
So I ordered a servo from from pro modeler. There most expense and large scale one for my Vekta 5e. I also ordered a battery for it a 4s one. But how do I install it exactly? Does the battery supply only go to the servo or when it’s all plugged in like a normal servo plus the separate battery will it toast the receiver cuz the bec and battery voltage get added to the reciever? I’m just a bit confused.

So I ordered a servo from from pro modeler. There most expense and large scale one for my Vekta 5e. I also ordered a battery for it a 4s one. But how do I install it exactly? Does the battery supply only go to the servo or when it’s all plugged in like a normal servo plus the separate battery will it toast the receiver cuz the bec and battery voltage get added to the reciever? I’m just a bit confused.
you can power it directly from your 4s battery and it will power only your servo. I use 4s servos and power them through a jst plug soldered into the ESC connector. only the servo signal wire goes to the receiver. HH makes a rx bypass if you don't want to solder. https://holmeshobbies.com/wiring-and-wiring-accessories/holmes-hobbies-rx-bypass-adapter.html

you can power it directly from your 4s battery and it will power only your servo. I use 4s servos and power them through a jst plug soldered into the ESC connector. only the servo signal wire goes to the receiver. HH makes a rx bypass if you don't want to solder. https://holmeshobbies.com/wiring-and-wiring-accessories/holmes-hobbies-rx-bypass-adapter.html
Well it looks like this. So it has two wires fro the battery to plug in. But can also run on bec.
IMG_4276.png

There are a couple of ways to do it. Call John at ProModeler. He’ll figure out which direction you’re taking and sell you the appropriate harness, if necessary. I looked at his site, and it shows a separate power lead but it also shows a power wire on the receiver lead, so I’m not giving advice at this point.

Be careful with that advice, as the receiver cable also shows a power wire. I’m not sure about this one. I get what you’re saying (done that myself on my DBXL-E) but the wiring on this servo is different. It has a dedicated battery lead, whereas the harness you showed was for servos with a standard 3-wire servo cable and no separate battery input. You might be right, but it doesn’t look right to me. I wouldn’t want to roast the dudes receiver.

Last edited:
So I asked them and they said this is an advanced servo that stops taking power from the bec once a direct power supply is plugged in. Thank goodness

So I asked them and they said this is an advanced servo that stops taking power from the bec once a direct power supply is plugged in. Thank goodness
I guess he’s doing something new, I’ve used his 1/5 servos before and they did not operate like that. I guess if that’s what John said, it’s gospel though. I’ll have to look into some of his newer stuff and learn what’s up.

Back