Putting Talion towers on a FT, which shocks to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Lost my 2 best bash spots to construction so I'm setting my FT up to run on the road full time. No longer have the stock body, using a truck body now. Went ahead and ordered Talion cf shock towers, mainly want to run the body a good bit lower.
With the Talion towers being shorter, I know it will change the geometry of the suspension and I have some ideas. I have FT shocks, a set of Typhon 6s shocks with Tekno orange springs, and a set of Mugen hex extenders in the parts bin. I could do the following:

1. Put the Talion towers on with the stock FT shocks/arms
2. Put the Talion towers on with the Typhon shocks & stock FT arms
3. Get Typhon arms/driveshafts from Jennys to run with Talion towers/Typhon shocks
4. Same as 3 and add Mugen hex extenders to make it similar to Mojave width.

I've only owned the Typhon and FT, so I don't know if all of these combos play nice together or if there will be fitment issues with certain combinations. Will run GRP's a lot, wouldn't mind if Backflip LP's would still barely fit for occasional light bashing on grass.
Main thing is I don't want the Talion towers to show up and I find out I need something else like Talion shocks for it to work. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Lost my 2 best bash spots to construction so I'm setting my FT up to run on the road full time. No longer have the stock body, using a truck body now. Went ahead and ordered Talion cf shock towers, mainly want to run the body a good bit lower.
With the Talion towers being shorter, I know it will change the geometry of the suspension and I have some ideas. I have FT shocks, a set of Typhon 6s shocks with Tekno orange springs, and a set of Mugen hex extenders in the parts bin. I could do the following:

3. Get Typhon arms/driveshafts from Jennys to run with Talion towers/Typhon shocks

I've only owned the Typhon and FT, so I don't know if all of these combos play nice together or if there will be fitment issues with certain combinations. Will run GRP's a lot, wouldn't mind if Backflip LP's would still barely fit for occasional light bashing on grass.
Main thing is I don't want the Talion towers to show up and I find out I need something else like Talion shocks for it to work. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
I think the chassis is different, but I bought something off RCP that was a basher turned street. He went with Infraction suspension and parts.

Great street rigs loving it!

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ankenstein-talion-kraton-thank-you-sir.62067/

I would think your best bet would be to keep the FT platform (LWB) and throw some street tires on it? I prefer the wider stance.

If I am not mistaken the F/R Arms for the FT, Kraton, Talion, Outcast are all the same. The FT/Talion have shorter hubs and axle stubs than the Kraton and Outcast.

Also interested to hear about the fitment for Talion Towers on the FT, I think the FT also has slightly longer shocks than the Talion.

You could also use fuel tubing to lower the ride height to your liking.

Cool Project. Following (y)

Our Talion is a lot of fun box stock, a forum favorite from what I see. I really hope Horizon keeps it in the line up!

Yeah from everything I can tell, a Talion XL is basically a Fireteam with shorter towers/shocks, smaller tires, and a low/lightweight body. Will start out with just the towers and if needed use fuel line spacers in the shocks to lower a few mm. 😎

Use Talion shocks then. With Tally towers. One generally goes with the other. Right?
Get the droop lower for sure. Shock limiters as needed also.(y)

Looked at the exploded views and went ahead and ordered Talion shock shafts. Will use them with the black FT shock bodies since they are almost identical to Talion shock bodies. Fronts shock bodies are 54mm for both and rear is 1mm longer for the FT. Will also start with FT springs, Talion springs are about $15 for all 4 if I don't like the FT springs.

What kind of droop adjustments would be useful for street bashing?

I target 12-15* arm droop at max(shock engaged) on v5 Notorious-Mojave Arms

For a street rig you’ll want to be around half of that, maybe even less for the “slammed” effect. One or two finger thickness on the chassis ☝️

Side note, TLR towers/suspension blocks would allow you to set nice toe near 0* for aesthetics

Im running this on one of my boys.

6S LWB EXB Chassis
Typhon Arms.
Talion 6s EXB Towers Front/Rear

FRONT:
Stock Typhon Shock Body
104mm, 16x49 mm
70mm 1.35N/sq.m (7.7 f-lb/in) ARA330644
1x2x8 pistons
1000cst

REAR:
Stock Typhon Shock Body
117mm, 16x54mm
85mm 1.09n/mm 6.2lb/in Springs (ARAC8928)
1x2x8 pistons
800cst

Looks like this:

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

Shock Towers Updated.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back