Rackham’s Revenge!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Ladies, gentlemen, scallywags, thieves, scoundrels and other creatures of the Arrma Asylum, it is with great excitement and honor that I present to you, Rackham’s Revenge! First, the money shots!

RackhamsRevenge1.jpg

RackhamsRevenge2.jpg

RackhamsRevenge3.jpg

RackhamsRevenge4.jpg

RackhamsRevenge5.jpg

RackhamsRevenge6.jpg

RackhamsRevenge7.jpg

The car started life as a Senton 3S. She is a full time beach basher, so on went the following
Next was handling, so I added
  • DumboRC X6 with Gyro
  • HR Pivot balls
  • Zoskay 25kg servo
  • Kimbrough 124 servo saver
  • Topped off shocks with oil
Now she really didn’t perform all that bad in sand at this point. The main issue was it would get stuck in the loosest sand. The tires weren’t wide enough, and would dig in, leaving it sitting on the chassis with 4 holes dug around the tires. I had been planning on getting a J Concepts BAJR body before I even got the car. Always thought it would make an awesome beach basher. It would also allow for monster truck tires.
  • Duratrax Hatchet MT DTXC5258
I decided to remove the smaller lugs between the larger ones with a straight nail clipper. This allows for more space in between the main lugs to catch loose sand. I then went about sewing fishing line into the lugs. Man that took a while. 21 lugs times 3 wraps, times 4 tires.
tires1.jpg

I then went over the fishing line with IC-2000. I put them on with the treads directing sand towards the middle of the tire to trap more sand, rather than move it out of the way and dig deeper.

From there it was time to fit the body to the tires, and paint the body. I will direct you to my paint and body thread on that.

I’ve only had one bash, but it is running great now. It used to slam the chassis into ruts or over jumps and slow down, throwing sand everywhere. Now it just hops right over them. The wider tires don’t sink into the sand, and stay on top of it. It’s even harder to roll now. Very stable with the not too tall, but wide tires. It is still running on the hot side, though it doesn’t help it’s 85* here. I may need to go down to a 13T pinion. I am also going to remove or make holes in the side guard extenders. They are just inhibiting airflow at this time. This body is great for air flow BTW. No front or rear allows air to go right through. I still need to get some bumpers. The rear one really doesn’t look good on it.

Time to blast!

As I said, I put them on with the treads directing sand towards the middle of the tire to trap more sand, rather than move it out of the way and dig deeper. It keeps it on top of the sand better.

My son loves the paint scheme...
Nice tire rig.
Thanks for sharing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back