Raider Raider Front End and Steering Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggbert

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
All,

Starting this rebuild after 6 years sitting in a box. Had already purchased the parts when the crash occurred. Glad I did as I had not been following that the Raider 2WD was discontinued...also heard that acquiring parts is manageable via ebay.

Some pics below before I start.

Bill

Front End Apart Mar24.jpeg

Front End Close Up Shock Damage Mar24.jpeg

Front End w damaged bump mount Mar24.jpeg

Replacement Parts Mar24.jpeg

Servo Damage Mar24.jpeg

Awesome. I didn't realize you already had parts. Win/win. Hope you get it back up and running. Wanted one when they came out.

I had that same servo in my ECX Circuit. At the time it was the recommended replacement. When I dug it out to make it brushless, it was REALLY slow. Lol. I replaced all of my Arrma 3s servos. Stuck one of the stock ones in it. Definite improvement. We'll see if it lasts.

Awesome. I didn't realize you already had parts. Win/win. Hope you get it back up and running. Wanted one when they came out.

I had that same servo in my ECX Circuit. At the time it was the recommended replacement. When I dug it out to make it brushless, it was REALLY slow. Lol. I replaced all of my Arrma 3s servos. Stuck one of the stock ones in it. Definite improvement. We'll see if it lasts.
Great insight. Thanks.

This is so cool. I really want Arrma to bring back their 2wd line.

If they release any more 2wd vehicles they will be based on the Gorgon platform.

Ecx parts are about to become like Arrma 2wd parts unfortunately. :(

If they release any more 2wd vehicles they will be based on the Gorgon platform.

Which Servo should I use? I don’t mind buying something new vs. putting in a “new” bad model. Thanks.

Which Servo should I use? I don’t mind buying something new vs. putting in a “new” bad model. Thanks.
The $18 DS3225MG servos from Amazon work well. I have a number of them that are like 5 years old now.

Last edited:
All,

Starting this rebuild after 6 years sitting in a box. Had already purchased the parts when the crash occurred. Glad I did as I had not been following that the Raider 2WD was discontinued...also heard that acquiring parts is manageable via ebay.

Some pics below before I start.

Bill

View attachment 353773

View attachment 353774

View attachment 353775

View attachment 353776

View attachment 353777
I have completed the rebuild over the Easter holiday. Had some free time to do so.

New front end with rebuilt shocks and some aluminum parts to help with collisions. It's raining here, so I have not been able to test drive outside, only inside. It's working well and it was fun to rebuild. Thank you all who offered suggestions. I appreciate it.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Back