Typhon Rebuild: Typhon Street Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Finished converting the Fireteam to a Talion XL and ready to build something else. The XLWB 6s rigs look awesome but I don't have many decent spots to run it right now so I'm looking to get a smaller rig back into action. Dismantled my Typhon a few months ago after stealing a bunch of upgrades from it for my Fireteam, now I'm ready to rebuild it.
Parts are on order to put it back together with a TLR chassis/towers. Will be a street basher again. Parts will be in next week, should be fun.

Last edited:
Finished converting the Fireteam to a Talion XL and ready to build something else. The XLWB 6s rigs look awesome but I don't have anywhere decent to run it right now so I'm looking to get a smaller rig back into action. Dismantled my Typhon a few months ago after stealing a bunch of upgrades from it for my Fireteam.
Parts are on order to put it back together with a TLR chassis/towers. Will be a street truck again, now just trying to decide which body. Definitely 1980's or earlier so I can try a weathered look on a basher since it was so much fun on my crawler.
Parts will be in next week, should be fun.
Try these tires!

Got everything out ready to see what I have and what I don't. The chassis, towers, and other stuff from Jenny's is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
20230716_153512.jpg

Put M2C pillar ball retainer nut kit in front steering blocks with new bearings and new bearings in rear hubs and put M2C droop screws in:
20230716_201518.jpg

Serviced the shocks with 50/60 shock oil and serviced the front diff with 30k:
20230716_201858.jpg

Also went ahead and ordered a clear Typhon shell to paint a good color scheme for being easy to track in a blacktop parking lot.😄

Last edited:
Got the aluminum servo mount , servo and 25t servo horn installed. Aluminum chassis braces and motor mount will be in Monday.
20230720_181013.jpg

Wanted a Typhon body with some colors that are easy to follow. Went with Tamiya camel yellow, black, and gold. Thinking I'd rather go with stock width so I'm putting some TLR hexes on instead of the Mugen hexes I have on it currently.
20230720_182009.jpg

Last edited:
Getting close. Center chassis braces installed along with esc/motor, put a 21t pinion just as a starting point, will be running 4s and GRPs. I soldered a single Ec5 connector after cutting off the extra plug and excess wire, much cleaner.
20230725_211627.jpg

20230725_211650.jpg

Put an m4 screw through the top plate into an aluminum standoff, then a hex stud on top of the standoff so I can use a thumb nut instead of a body clip.
20230725_212440.jpg

20230725_212518.jpg

Im waiting for a rear center driveshaft then Ineed to do the battery/receiver box and go through my adjustments. Still need to order fans and a fan mount.

Wont be long until its ready to rip!😎

Last edited:
Electronics are done, pretty much everything that needs to be done is finished except fans which I will do tomorrow. Might do a custom front bumper, have the Talion bumper already so I can run it either way.
Added standoffs to the rear mounts, brings the body up 12-15mm to eliminate issues fitting batteries and fans.
20230726_184428.jpg
20230726_184440.jpg
20230726_184600.jpg

Got the Typhon body and love it, but really enjoying painting bodies right now and want to paint a street truck option too. Next in line is a 1966 F100. Just did a quick rough trim to set the body on it, going to be a lot of fun!
20230812_230835.jpg

Paint is done. Used Tamiya rattle cans starting with translucent orange backed by copper and then regular orange and a final backing of bright gunmetal.

Just need to do a final trim, apply stickers and it will be ready to mount. Planning to make body mounts using kydex.

20230815_161438.jpg

Really like how good the metallic look from the copper turned out with the translucent orange...
20230815_163515.jpg

Last edited:
Does the servo still work well being in backwards? I was curious if there’s a Benifit to putting it in like that. Looks like it would have less leverage and loose some of its turning power

I haven't noticed a difference in steering. Still has full range both left and right, doesn't bind or anything. In fact its so unnoticeable Im in no hurry to change it, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back