Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that if I post this, it wont end well. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø . If had only one rig to choose, it would be the orange and black Senton 6s. That's just my opinion. Lots of great rigs out there. šŸ. Sorry for being truly honest. šŸ‘€.
Having recently built a Senton 6s I admit it's my favorite as well. :)

Thinking of that lifted Talion, I wish ARRMA would start a new line of 4WD 6s trucks with aluminum chassis similar to the Gorgon. With diff outdrives that connect steel telescopic driveshafts with a pin instead of the dogbone setup. With certain models, they could have major suspension travel without droop screw limits, and in ARRMA style, allow room for larger motors. Just a thought.

Edit - And a transmission case with an option for two speed. Enclosed center diff. Too bad ARRMA can't see this and say "write that down."

Last edited:
@kaladeth you're in third place. Iā€™m pulling for you, man. That is one sweet car!
IMG_3274.jpeg

I spiced things up, pavement princesses are lame IMO and the scenery required quality integration.

Like great job keeping all 4 tires on the asphalt, super fun to watch it go by... My infraction went 150mph, did some drifts and power slides with the e-brake to finish up the packs and will sit on the shelf for another year...

Apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings since there is a lot of sensitivity involved with this hobby, especially lately with pandering. :( Got guys begging for votes on a basically fully purchased rig with some editing/painted body slapped on and cry enough to win, then they're not heard from again. Natural cycle for over a year, based on previous years and winners people come and stay gone for whatever reason (life/poop happens).

*Steps off soapbox

Last edited:
I spiced things up, pavement princesses are lame IMO and the scenery required quality integration.

Like great job keeping all 4 tires on the asphalt, super fun to watch it go by... My infraction went 150mph, did some drifts and power slides with the e-brake to finish up the packs and will sit on the shelf for another year...

Apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings since there is a lot of sensitivity involved with this hobby, especially lately with pandering. :( Got guys begging for votes on a basically fully purchased rig with some editing/painted body slapped on and cry enough to win, then they're not heard from again. Natural cycle for over a year, based on previous years and winners people come and stay gone for whatever reason (life/poop happens).

*Steps off soapbox
I love you man, but I donā€™t agree. It seems like you are the one whose feelings are hurt, not sure why. Who is pandering, anyway?
ROTM is very subjective. I donā€™t think it has anything to do with how much or how little work is done on any entry, itā€™s the finished product that jumps out. Even if itā€™s bone stock but is featured in a fantastic photo. Totally custom everything with a boring picture wonā€™t get as many votes as it could. It all comes down to someone looking at a photo and saying, ā€œholy crap, thatā€™s awesome!ā€ That can be for on-road, off-road, custom fabrication, cool paint job, action shot, static posed shots, etc. etc. etc.
Itā€™s all for fun, right?
Someone said they only vote for one entry. I donā€™t, I vote for everything I like. And I donā€™t vote for the ones that sometimes have the most work put into them if I donā€™t like it. There are some really cool rigs on here, and some super diverse entries. I look forward to ROTM every month.

t.i have no idea who that guy carlin is .I'm not much of a TV guy.šŸ¤· Is that guy a comedian ? šŸ˜
Are you joking? Because itā€™s hard to even conceive that you donā€™t know who he is. If youā€™re really serious and have never heard of him do yourself a favor and put his name in a YouTube search. Watch everything you can find. George Carlin was arguably the most brilliant comedian of our generation.

Last edited:
I love you man, but I donā€™t agree. It seems like you are the one whose feelings are hurt, not sure why. Who is pandering, anyway?
ROTM is very subjective. I donā€™t think it has anything to do with how much or how little work is done on any entry, itā€™s the finished product that jumps out. Even if itā€™s bone stock but is featured in a fantastic photo. Totally custom everything with a boring picture wonā€™t get as many votes as it could. It all comes down to someone looking at a photo and saying, ā€œholy crap, thatā€™s awesome!ā€ That can be for on-road, off-road, custom fabrication, cool paint job, action shot, static posed shots, etc. etc. etc.
Itā€™s all for fun, right?
Someone said they only vote for one entry. I donā€™t, I vote for everything I like. And I donā€™t vote for the ones that sometimes have the most work put into them if I donā€™t like it. There are some really cool rigs on here, and some super diverse entries. I look forward to ROTM every month.

Are you joking? Because itā€™s hard to even conceive that you donā€™t know who he is. If youā€™re really serious and have never heard of him do yourself a favor and put his name in a YouTube search. Watch everything you can find. George Carlin was arguably the most brilliant comedian of our generation.
Cool .I'll look him upšŸ‘

*Steps off soapbox
That's basically what I was saying. I got Typhon and Notorious parts for what I put in the ROTM. Dremeled the towers and Senton mounts to go together, got upgrades, a body, wheels & tires, painted it, and there it is. Nothing grand, but it's no box bought special. Dan B is also right. Most everyone isn't wrong about it. That's the thing. I'm ashamed of myself for even mentioning a darn thing on it. If that was pandering, it was a dumb attempt at pandering, and I shouldn't have done it. I won't be doing anything like that again. Do I think "pavement princesses" get easy votes? Yeah. But Dan B's point stands, whether we could agree on anything else or not. I brought up a disagreement from a thread, then got caught up on mySELF with ROTM votes and proceeded to open up an unnecessary can of worms. Really dumb on my part. But I see both Garcbomber and Dan B's points. In the end, the point is to have fun with it, not take it seriously, and let go of things. Even if one feels they put a little more work into it than another. That's life. That's what was being told to me in that thread. I can look at it as a lesson of detachment. I concede.

I'm trolling mostly, but the last 3 ROTM winners(ALL YEAR) were literally stock vehicles with stickers/ backdrop/editing. Absolutely zero customization which is what the hobby is about.

Go to a plane/train/boat/crawler forum where there is actual imagination/originality and check out their monthly submissions, hell they could probably get away with weekly...

In the end, we all won. We have these expensive things as luxury items and enjoy them, no matter box bought or from parts and upgrades. It's just STUFF, and a banner is nothing but an idea. The idea of a 'win.' That is a mental attachment, and attachments invite BS. From here on out, if I join ROTM, it won't be to win. It'll be to showcase one of em.'

I'm trolling mostly, but the last 3 ROTM winners(ALL YEAR) were literally stock vehicles with stickers/ backdrop/editing. Absolutely zero customization which is what the hobby is about.

Go to a plane/train/boat/crawler forum where there is actual imagination/originality and check out their monthly submissions, hell they could probably get away with weekly...
Well, those winners submitted photos that apparently tickled the fancy of voters. I donā€™t believe itā€™s a popularity contest. I do agree that different segments of the hobby illustrate much more scratch built, custom work but heyā€¦weā€™re on the Arrma forum, right? Weā€™re bashers and speed runners. Not custom boat builders and aircraft technicians. Weā€™re the troglodytes of this hobby, and I think we probably have as much or more fun with it than anyone else. One canā€™t compare an HO scale train layout that takes up the entire floor of a dwelling and has been built by hand and refined over decades to some dude that twisted up a big fatty and did a great job painting the new shell for his Kraton.
In the end, we all won. We have these expensive things as luxury items and enjoy them, no matter box bought or from parts and upgrades. It's just STUFF, and a banner is nothing but an idea. The idea of a 'win.' That is a mental attachment, and attachments invite BS. From here on out, if I join ROTM, it won't be to win. It'll be to showcase one of em.'
No shā€™t, Sherlock. Did that just occur to you? Lighten up and take this for what it is. Quit creating division and trolling on people and try to enjoy yourself. Good god, dude.

Well, those winners submitted photos that apparently tickled the fancy of voters. I donā€™t believe itā€™s a popularity contest. I do agree that different segments of the hobby illustrate much more scratch built, custom work but heyā€¦weā€™re on the Arrma forum, right? Weā€™re bashers and speed runners. Not custom boat builders and aircraft technicians. Weā€™re the troglodytes of this hobby, and I think we probably have as much or more fun with it than anyone else. One canā€™t compare an HO scale train layout that takes up the entire floor of a dwelling and has been built by hand and refined over decades to some dude that twisted up a big fatty and did a great job painting the new shell for his Kraton.

No shā€™t, Sherlock. Did that just occur to you? Lighten up and take this for what it is. Quit creating division and trolling on people and try to enjoy yourself. Good god, dude.
That's why I said you were right. More of a lesson I needed than anyone else.

troglodytes, I haven't heard that word in while! šŸ˜†
Itā€™s an underused word for sure. And yeah, we bashers are the knuckle draggers of the hobby. I wouldnā€™t have it any other way. šŸ˜Š

My submission this month was based on the fact that me and my son had an absolute blast that day, we had a heavy rain the day before and we were shooting rooster tails of thick chunky mud everywhere, we both got covered! The "win" and stuff doesn't matter to me, I just felt like participating and sharing that joy.

Disclaimer: This is not intended to aquire more votes, just making a point.

@King blitz the more I look at your RAM thread and detail? Itā€™s as good as my ROM Big Rock. Howā€™d you do the door handles? Itā€™s sick. My BR. You actually have the side stickers for the motor and the hood sticker s spot on. More details on your rig. And a wing!

Edit: 100% stock rig on a dirty Michigan snow hill. The day I got it.

IMG_3419.jpeg

Last edited:
My submission this month was based on the fact that me and my son had an absolute blast that day, we had a heavy rain the day before and we were shooting rooster tails of thick chunky mud everywhere, we both got covered! The "win" and stuff doesn't matter to me, I just felt like participating and sharing that joy.

Disclaimer: This is not intended to aquire more votes, just making a point.
I gave it a like iirc for just that reason. I figured that's what you were about. Yeah, unlike my first and previous ROTM submission, I actually tried to see if I could get up there towards the top with this one at the very least. I'm not gonna bother doing that again. But I did enjoy the build and the result. So much so, I bought a different body for bashing. I don't wanna mess this one up lol. At least not in the dirt. Maybe night parking lot rips with the orange body. Maybe next year I could try to build another something akin to the red Talion.

@Dan B. šŸ¤« Some dude that twisted up a big fatty and did a great job painting a kraton cover . That's exactly what I did šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ‘

troglodytes, I haven't heard that word in while! šŸ˜†
New word for me šŸ¤·šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

*Steps off soapbox
Coming from a guy that can't read, you talk a lot. My Lim went 175mph so what. It is all for fun. If you have a problem with others pandering, why not just say your piece, instead of beating around the bush. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø .

@King blitz the more I look at your RAM thread and detail? Itā€™s as good as my ROM Big Rock. Howā€™d you do the door handles? Itā€™s sick. My BR. You actually have the side stickers for the motor and the hood sticker s spot on. More details on your rig. And a wing!

Edit: 100% stock rig on a dirty Michigan snow hill. The day I got it.

View attachment 361512
Thanks brothašŸ‘I appreciate it ...door handles , along with everything else just decals .nothing speacial ...only thing speacial was I got a chance to do it with my son šŸ˜šŸ‘ ..

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ne-dodge-ram-1500-body-cover-paintedšŸ˜šŸ‘.69753/

Last edited:
Back