Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
Since the Rig of the Month contest threads are limited to photos only and not comments or discussions and the fact I have to remove so many comments each month :D ;)

I felt it might be best if we gave everyone a place to discuss the RofM contests and entries. From this point on I'll start including a link to this thread in each Rig of the Month contest thread inviting everyone to come here to chit chat while leaving the contest threads to photos and votes only.

So with that, lets begin!

💯

problem-serious.gif

Rotate the posts within the thread for each time the browser loads. A simple script should achieve that. I believe that would increase participation as people on the 2nd or 3rd page would be on page 1 just as much. And vice versa.

Winners should not be blocked for more than 3 - 6 ? months. Seems to me winners are far less in the forum after not beeing able to participate. I might be wrong on that one.
Perhaps better: Former winners can participate right away but get 5 ? votes automatically subtracted for a period of 6-12 months.
Or something like first month less 12 votes, second month minus 11 votes, et cetera
Or month 1-3 after winning: minus 12 points, month 4-6 minus 9 points. etc.
Obviously that a lot more to evaluate. But you get the idea...

Some people make really nice pictures and it's a pity do not see those. Others have fun posting even when knowing they won't win. I see cars that way that I would otherwise not see id not looking at a specific thread. Some guys are really good at airbrushing, customizing and photography. Would be cool if they would post every month.

Last edited:
Rotate the posts within the thread for each time the browser loads. A simple script should achieve that. I believe that would increase participation as people on the 2nd or 3rd page would be on page 1 just as much. And vice versa.

Winners should not be blocked for more than 3 - 6 ? months. Seems to me winners are far less in the forum after not beeing able to participate. I might be wrong on that one.
Perhaps better: Former winners can participate right away but get 5 ? votes automatically subtracted for a period of 6-12 months.
Or something like first month less 12 votes, second month minus 11 votes, et cetera
Or month 1-3 after winning: minus 12 points, month 4-6 minus 9 points. etc.
Obviously that a lot more to evaluate. But you get the idea...

Some people make really nice pictures and it's a pity do not see those. Others have fun posting even when knowing they won't win. I see cars that way that I would otherwise not see id not looking at a specific thread. Some guys are really good at airbrushing, customizing and photography. Would be cool if they would post every month.
ussualy theres a clear winner this time its pretty insane
We need woodie to make a poll for the top 5. I think thats the best way to declare a winner.

Are we aloud to use the same photo for the next contest?
YES!

Only RotM winners are not allowed you enter for one year. Members can submit and re-submit a photo for as long as they want to (unless they win). It doesn't have to be a brand new photo each month.

YES!

Only RotM winners are not allowed you enter for one year. Members can submit and re-submit a photo for as long as they want to (unless they win). It doesn't have to be a brand new photo each month.

I didn't realize that..

I understand why this thread was created due to many dropping messages on the rotm contest thread .I myself am at fault cause I've done it also but I kinda feel this thread could lead someone to win or be favored due to being a popular member on here .or members that came close to winning past contest and share there grief of almost winning and when they re enter many will feel bad and vote for them.i like the idea of this thread but kinda feel it can be a advantage for some. I know I read somewhere I believe on the rules of the contest that members can't message others or drop hints on threads or ask to be voted for .not saying there is anyone here that's doing that but let's just say someone comes in here and has mentions that they have been trying for a while to win some may feel bad and give them a vote.wouldnt that be unfare to maybey someone who really has the better rig that month? I don't know just a concern .think this thread could lead to a unfare winner of any months winner🤷 .if everyone that jumps up in here just talks about how nice the winners rig is or past rigs cool but if someone jumps up in here and says oh damn I'm just a few votes away , well that might lead to a unfare winner.again I'm not hating on this thread .I think it's cool .👍

Back