Rock bouncer just wasn't my thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Had this Ryft for a while, fully built out with Vitavon and treal. Tried 3 different sets of rock bouncer/crawler tires, but just not my style of driving. Flips too easy and very unstable at speed....so I did the next best thing...monster truck conversion!!

The wheelbase is longer than my LMT, so kind of like have a long wheelbase monster truck too now.

20240225_165545.jpg

20240225_165603.jpg

Had this Ryft for a while, fully built out with Vitavon and treal. Tried 3 different sets of rock bouncer/crawler tires, but just not my style of driving. Flips too easy and very unstable at speed....so I did the next best thing...monster truck conversion!!

The wheelbase is longer than my LMT, so kind of like have a long wheelbase monster truck too now.

View attachment 352063

View attachment 352064

I was very surprised how many of these rigs sold.. they were terrible.. 🤣🤣

They look good though. :ROFLMAO:

Funny how people say, wow discontinued. :unsure:

Reminds me of the fireteam. 😁. I thought of that. Just not now.

Last edited:
I was very surprised how many of these rigs sold.. they were terrible.. 🤣🤣
Was yours stock or upgraded? What did you specifically not like about it?

Mine is a really tough rig, but just not my style with the bouncer tires. Thing is fun to drive in smaller areas, just hated how easy it would roll, and hated the tall sidewall tires people use with them.

I bought the kit version for a discount, paid less than $300 for it. Only used the body cage, transmission gears, diffs and driveshafts. Every other part is built. I wanted another straight axel rig...they are very different to drive and are fun in small areas. Easy to do things like double backflips and front flips in a few feet at slower speeds.

It is a tough built rig now....and crazy thing is it is my most expensive rig. Less than $300 for the kit, but over $1500 in other parts and custom pieces. Lol.

Little shot from the bottom....this is where all the $$ is. Only plastic on this thing is the diff cups, and the body.

20240302_130504.jpg

Last edited:
I almost pulled the trigger near launch but all the reviews were so bad. Glad I held off.
Weren't they discontinued? I've seen a guy run one before & it was quick but unstable looking

Was yours stock or upgraded? What did you specifically not like about it?

Mine is a really tough rig, but just not my style with the bouncer tires. Thing is fun to drive in smaller areas, just hated how easy it would roll, and hated the tall sidewall tires people use with them.

I bought the kit version for a discount, paid less than $300 for it. Only used the body cage, transmission gears, diffs and driveshafts. Every other part is built. I wanted another straight axel rig...they are very different to drive and are fun in small areas. Easy to do things like double backflips and front flips in a few feet at slower speeds.

It is a tough built rig now....and crazy thing is it is my most expensive rig. Less than $300 for the kit, but over $1500 in other parts and custom pieces. Lol.

Little shot from the bottom....this is where all the $$ is. Only plastic on this thing is the diff cups, and the body.

View attachment 352080

Never bought one, I stayed well clear of that madness.. guy I know bought one... suspension was terrible, axle housings snapping like crazy, the drag brake enabled from factory was terrible for driveability.. way to narrow, way to much power at 4s, links snapping like twigs.. battery location was meh.. just a boat load of bad in that rig out the box..

1500 😱.. what in the ever loving, nevermind.. 🤣🤣🤣

Never bought one, I stayed well clear of that madness.. guy I know bought one... suspension was terrible, axle housings snapping like crazy, the drag brake enabled from factory was terrible for driveability.. way to narrow, way to much power at 4s, links snapping like twigs.. battery location was meh.. just a boat load of bad in that rig out the box..

1500 😱.. what in the ever loving, nevermind.. 🤣🤣🤣
Stock axel housings and links suck. Same as the electronics. Run a Castle MMX 1512 2650kv in mine. None of the parts you mention are stock in mine. Lol.

I do love that it is around 7lbs...and with the Castle system...stupid power.

Stock axel housings and links suck. Same as the electronics. Run a Castle MMX 1512 2650kv in mine. None of the parts you mention are stock in mine. Lol.

I do love that it is around 7lbs...and with the Castle system...stupid power.

It 100% looks way better than factory.. you did a good job making something not so good, good again.. 👍

Back