Senton Senton 6s, which motor are you using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillesV

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello Senton fans!

I'm still in my discovery process of my Senton 6S that I got as a second hand R/C, not being able to find a new one anymore.

Recently I realized that my motor was showing some resistance when trying to make it rotate and some small evidences of rust was found.
It's a Leopard hobby, LBP3674, running 1650KV. So quite a powerful beast. I also have a mamba monster 2 as ESC so quite able to handle some power as well.
The guy who sold me the Senton 6S invested some money in tuning the truck so I suspect the engine has been fitted for some good purposes.

But on your side, what are you using and are you happy with your setup?

My tlr hybrid has a Hobbystar 4082 1600kv w/max6...
My beater also has the hobbystar 4082 1600kv max6...
My bone stocker has the blx185 system with a 17t pinion...
I'm running 18t on the tlr and a 20t on the beater... all do well on 4s or 6s!!!... Mike

Thanks for your quick answer Mike !!!
The hobby star seems to be a good option !

One last question: when turning the motor by hand, do you see some resistance ?

Yes resistance will be there, but what kind of resistance? I'd pull it apart and physically check the bearings, and inspect the inside of the motor... you also mentioned rust? What's that about?.. Mike

That's currently where I'm struggling as I can't inspect the inside of the motor. I tried to unmount it but it seems that everything is stuck. Maybe it has never been opened before. Hopefully it's just surface rust on the main axle, but I don't know what I could find inside. That's why I'm a bit suspicious :)

I've solved my problem by changing the motor for a hobbywing 2200 kv. When I brought it to the shop, they agree something was strange when manually turning the motor axle. So I wasn't completely wrong :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back