Senton Typhon suspension Senton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadows

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Senton 6s
So, I have this build pretty much done. The 'problem' is, even though SCT's are supposed to have plenty of flex and body roll, I made it weigh too much as usual with all my rigs. It's sagging quite badly wth very little resistance. It will bottom out WAY too easily. Aluminum chassis braces, diff cups, suspension blocks, and bulkheads seemed to really weigh it down with the batteries. I see that the front shock springs are, what....70mm in length? The rears are iirc, 84-86mm? For the front, it looks like the heavier Mojave 6s shocks would work (same length) but I'm a bit lost on what what be a suitable heavier spring for the rear ones. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
So, I have this build pretty much done. The 'problem' is, even though SCT's are supposed to have plenty of flex and body roll, I made it weigh too much as usual with all my rigs. It's sagging quite badle wth very little resistance. It will bottom out WAY too easily. Aluminum chassis braces and bulkheads seemed to really weigh it down with the batteries. I see that the front shock springs are, what....70mm in length? The rears are iirc, 84-86mm? For the front, it looks like the heavier Mojave 6s shocks would work (same length) but I'm a bit lost on what what be a suitable heavier spring for the rear ones. Any suggestions?

If you need a bit more pre-load, I make those custom collars for 6S shocks..

If you need a bit more pre-load, I make those custom collars for 6S shocks..
Pre-load....for now. The batteries I have are huge and weigh a ton. I'm not gonna buy any more batteries for a little while, so....I gotta' go a little more heavy duty than more pre-load. A mere touch of the finger and the poor rig buckles down to the ground.

I just spotted some ARRMA 85mm springs for the K6 front shocks. They look perfect. The 7.7lb Mojave 70mm front springs are also calling my name. Maybe I figured out what to go for.

Pre-load....for now. The batteries I have are huge and weigh a ton. I'm not gonna buy any more batteries for a little while, so....I gotta' go a little more heavy duty than more pre-load. A mere touch of the finger and the poor rig buckles down to the ground.

I just spotted some ARRMA 85mm springs for the K6 front shocks. They look perfect. The 7.7lb Mojave 70mm front springs are also calling my name. Maybe I figured out what to go for.

Understood.
Best of Luck 👍

Keep us posted.

Understood.
Best of Luck 👍

Keep us posted.
Thank you for stopping by for help. I just ordered the 7.7lb 70mm front Springs for the M6, and for the rear of this build, some 85mm Fireteam front shocks at 6.91lbs. Shouldn't bottom out after that. I have my heavy k6 with insane Nero front springs, filled with around 3,000 cst approximately. I do need heavier rear springs for it, but not gonna mess with it atm.

What are you building? I have a Mojave-fied Typhon, can probably help

20240410_233521.jpg

What are you building? I have a Mojave-fied Typhon, can probably help

View attachment 360189
👍Nice setup. Basher bumper should protect that a LOT better. I have a black and silver body Mojave-fied Kraton. It was in February's ROTM. This build is in this month's. V5 Typhon converted to Senton 6s. Typhon suspension. Orange JConcepts sct F2 body. I'm pretty much done building it. Just need stronger springs. Will probably try to put rear mud guards on it tomorrow.

👍Nice setup. Basher bumper should protect that a LOT better. I have a black and silver body Mojave-fied Kraton. It was in February's ROTM. This build is in this month's. V5 Typhon converted to Senton 6s. Typhon suspension. Orange JConcepts sct F2 body. I'm pretty much done building it. Just need stronger springs. Will probably try to put rear mud guards on it tomorrow.
I see you are a man of discerning taste as well..

I'm running Typhon shocks with Mojave springs and it rarely flat bottoms. Mojave arms, Typhon knuckles.

I see you are a man of discerning taste as well..

I'm running Typhon shocks with Mojave springs and it rarely flat bottoms. Mojave arms, Typhon knuckles.
Interesting. So Typhon shocks will work with Mojave arms. I almost got Typhon shocks for that, till the Mojave ones became available. I have Kraton hubs/stub axles with +5mm Hot Racing hexes on my 'M6/K6' hybrid. Darn thing is also heavy. Treal bulkheads.

Yes, I had to scooch the droop screws a bit so they weren't over extending, but it's within a few mm, not bad. The mojave springs almost didn't fit on the rear, but they're way stronger than the typhon ones, so it holds up the car well. I have mostly all the same plastics, heavier motor, bigger fans, but not anything egregious. The proline badlandsMX28 Belted have been great tires and give it a nice stance.

Yes, I had to scooch the droop screws a bit so they weren't over extending, but it's within a few mm, not bad. The mojave springs almost didn't fit on the rear, but they're way stronger than the typhon ones, so it holds up the car well. I have mostly all the same plastics, heavier motor, bigger fans, but not anything egregious. The proline badlandsMX28 Belted have been great tires and give it a nice stance.
I can't picture the droop screws being able to be somehow moved 🤔. I know on my hybrid that they are too close to the edge of the 'ears' on the K6 'LWB' chassis for my liking, though. Mine has a 1730kv Hobbystar 4092 with Max 6. Probably geared to high for the limited space I can run them on. 20t pinion. Have REDCAT Kaiju tires for it.

I can't picture the droop screws being able to be somehow moved 🤔. I know on my hybrid that they are too close to the edge of the 'ears' on the K6 'LWB' chassis for my liking, though. Mine has a 1730kv Hobbystar 4092 with Max 6. Probably geared to high for the limited space I can run them on. 20t pinion. Have REDCAT Kaiju tires for it.
I just used longer screws in the same location to keep the arms higher as not to hyperextend the shocks, so far so good. That's a strong af motor esc setup lol, I'm using a castle monster X and a 1515 combo with stock gearing, gets to about 50-60mph before it complains about the heat - and same, space is a premium around here

I just used longer screws in the same location to keep the arms higher as not to hyperextend the shocks, so far so good. That's a strong af motor esc setup lol, I'm using a castle monster X and a 1515 combo with stock gearing, gets to about 50-60mph before it complains about the heat - and same, space is a premium around here
Oh, okay. Then I guess I did the same for the hybrid. I used locknuts as spacers to not overextend the shocks. Reason is also because the front CVD's are clicking. I don't know why, but I intend to run the snot out of it to 'punish' them for it. You have the Mamba Monster X 6s Castle? I used that in an E-Maxx years ago with the 2200kv motor. It SCREAMED! Fast. Faster accelerating than my hobbywings on the ARRMAS. But it did overheat. E-Maxx was fully modded for strength. I use the same ESC in a TRX-4 crawler now. Overkill. Never overheats in that. Here is the Mojave hybrid, then the Senton build.

20230920_112314.jpg

20230920_112320.jpg

20230920_112030.jpg

20230925_145322.jpg

20230925_145414.jpg

20240312_174434.jpg

20240312_174408.jpg

20240307_181847.jpg

20240401_161722.jpg

I put a better servo horn on the hybrid after the pics.

Oh, okay. Then I guess I did the same for the hybrid. I used locknuts as spacers to not overextend the shocks. Reason is also because the front CVD's are clicking. I don't know why, but I intend to run the snot out of it to 'punish' them for it. You have the Mamba Monster X 6s Castle? I used that in an E-Maxx years ago with the 2200kv motor. It SCREAMED! Fast. Faster accelerating than my hobbywings on the ARRMAS. But it did overheat. E-Maxx was fully modded for strength. I use the same ESC in a TRX-4 crawler now. Overkill. Never overheats in that. Here is the Mojave hybrid, then the Senton build.

View attachment 360196

View attachment 360197

View attachment 360198

View attachment 360199

View attachment 360200

View attachment 360201

View attachment 360202

View attachment 360203

View attachment 360204

I put a better servo horn on the hybrid after the pics.
Whhaaaat the hell man, those are friggin awesome!!! I'm like, here's my rusty Typhon it's pretty badass, let me know if you need suspension help lmfao

You put a 6S Castle in a TRX4 lol, please elaborate..

Whhaaaat the hell man, those are freakin wicked well done, awesome!!! I'm like, here's my rusty Typhon it's legit, let me know if you need suspension help lmfao

You put a 6S Castle in a TRX4 lol, please elaborate..
I don't think I have picture directly of the ESC in it, but I probably could in a couple minutes.

20230512_193848.jpg

20230519_163457.jpg

20230604_182709.jpg

20230604_182719.jpg

20230604_182730.jpg

Too much to list on the TRX-4. aluminum transmission case, all hardened steel gears in that plus diffs. It's the two speed kit build. 700oz in servo. Mamba Monster X ESC with Holmes Hobbies 2200kv Puller Pro standard length sensored motor. Treal diff housings etc etc. Don't feel 'inferior'.....I am not what it looks like. I actually barely manage this stuff lol. I don't know a whole lot. I don't even solder.

It's dirty, but here's the ESC. It fits....with double sided 3M tape.

Attachments

• 20240411_010424.jpg
    20240411_010424.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240411_010437.jpg
    20240411_010437.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240411_010455.jpg
    20240411_010455.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I don't think I have picture directly of the ESC in it, but I probably could in a couple minutes.

View attachment 360206

View attachment 360207

View attachment 360208

View attachment 360209

View attachment 360210

Too much to list on the TRX-4. aluminum transmission case, all hardened steel gears in that plus diffs. It's the two speed kit build. 700oz in servo. Mamba Monster X ESC with Holmes Hobbies 2200kv Puller Pro standard length sensored motor. Treal diff housings etc etc. Don't feel 'inferior'.....I am not what it looks like. I actually barely manage this stuff lol. I don't know a whole lot. I don't even solder.
That's an awesome trx4 build, and hilarious that it's a similar jeep injora body to my (also rusty) trx4, see pics below. You've put in some hours into those builds, don't short yourself, that's a few cool-ass rigs in a row!
20220909_171704.jpg

20220909_171357.jpg

That's an awesome trx4 build, and hilarious that it's a similar jeep injora body to my (also rusty) trx4, see pics below. You've put in some hours into those builds, don't short yourself, that's a few cool-ass rigs in a row!
View attachment 360223
View attachment 360224
See, I can't manage that scale detail look. The body I used is a lexan Cherokee XJ SCII body...AXIAL, that's it. Almost couldn't remember. Getting old lol. Nah, couldn't be old to have dementia at 44. But, I don't understand the tires you have and what size foams/silicone inserts that fit all those tire sizes. Escapes me! I don't know a whole lot, actually. Definitely not crawler stuff. This is my only crawler...more of a trail rig actually. Stock articulation. Nothing serious as I wouldn't know how. I barely got the programming with the transmitter and the servos working. I am NOT that bright when it comes to electronics. At all. I have two E-Maxxes atm, a Latrax Teton brushless, and an M2C'd Kraton 6s that runs on 8s. That's all the rest of my rigs. I can't afford what many here have, and actually don't officially own a darn thing in my life EXCEPT these hobby toys.

View attachment 360223
View attachment 360224
Thanks man. I appreciate your kindness.

See, I can't manage that scale detail look. The body I used is a lexan Cherokee XJ SCII body...AXIAL, that's it. Almost couldn't remember. Getting old lol. Nah, couldn't be old to have dementia at 44. But, I don't understand the tires you have and what size foams/silicone inserts that fit all those tire sizes. Escapes me! I don't know a whole lot, actually. Definitely not crawler stuff. This is my only crawler...more of a trail rig actually. Stock articulation. Nothing serious as I wouldn't know how. I barely got the programming with the transmitter and the servos working. I am NOT that bright when it comes to electronics. At all. I have two E-Maxxes atm, a Latrax Teton brushless, and an M2C'd Kraton 6s that runs on 8s. That's all the rest of my rigs. I can't afford what many here have, and actually don't officially own a darn thing in my life EXCEPT these hobby toys.

Thanks man. I appreciate your kindness.
The scale body added a lot of weight to the truck, but the oem traxxas defender body was also starting to get scale looking haha. The tires are hyrax and using the proline dual stage foams because the truck weighs so much from all the brass, it was starting to collapse the sidewall on slopes. It all started out as a scale/trail entry-level rock crawling thing, bog standard defender otherwise and then just started adding stuff that I saw on YouTube or at the meets or reading the manual for my transmitter, wait it has 8 channels that do what!? I can power through a weathering detail session, but get distracted or worse disinterested at some point - generally coinciding with busy-ness with work/life. I keep a basher for just such occasions, Ugh have to paint the other thing too, realistic looking rc's can be needy vs a Typhon with a kart-wheel me into a bush, sort-of look about it. Without looking at the soldering, I think you manage just fine from the pics, those rigs are really well put together!
20211113_125230.jpg

The scale body added a lot of weight to the truck, but the oem traxxas defender body was also starting to get scale looking haha. The tires are hyrax and using the proline dual stage foams because the truck weighs so much from all the brass, it was starting to collapse the sidewall on slopes. It all started out as a scale/trail entry-level rock crawling thing, bog standard defender otherwise and then just started adding stuff that I saw on YouTube or at the meets or reading the manual for my transmitter, wait it has 8 channels that do what!? I can power through a weathering detail session, but get distracted or worse disinterested at some point - generally coinciding with busy-ness with work/life. I keep a basher for just such occasions, Ugh have to paint the other thing too, realistic looking rc's can be needy vs a Typhon with a kart-wheel me into a bush, sort-of look about it. Without looking at the soldering, I think you manage just fine from the pics, those rigs are really well put together!
View attachment 360225
Nice. Or "tight tight tight tight!!" Tuco from the Breaking Bad show. Yeah man, you know plenty. I don't go to any meets of any kind. I'm a loner. But that looks like fun. I like the idea of any surface RC. I just don't have the means for it all. With my rigs it looks like I would...but no. I have my yard, street, and occasional late night dangerous parking lot bashes. Can get mugged or killed anytime round' here. It can seem okay till it's NOT. No means to travel around for spots. No friends. My friend croaked over 10 years ago now. You're all my friend here. I'm actually not kidding! 😅

I highly recommend a local hobby shop or local group event, doesn't end up being a meet everyone type of thing, some keep to themselves, but fun to be around other people with similar interests and joke about the difficult section or the brand of this and that. If you can't, you can't and find fun with whatever part of the hobby you enjoy, building seems to be your thing, I'd make sure to drive them once in a while too! This forum is my go-to for arrma, but rc's in general, seems to be quite active with many helpful people!

Back