Typhon Senton to Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siw

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Had enough of my senton continuously being up on two wheels. (Even after fitting fender kits)
So today removed the wheely bar, fitted a rear spoiler and typhon shell mounts.
What a bloody difference!

C053F5CC-DE4C-413D-A95A-1707E4112C0C.jpeg

Yeah traction rolling happens very much so, when you run run wide long and heavier "Closed Wheel" bodies. A Typhon Buggy it is now. (y):giggle:
High bite tires will always keep her on the edge of a traction roll. So you must consider that also.

But the chassis will stay SO Much cleaner now as a buggy. Just Watch your temps however. Might need a good fan solution there now. There is much less air flow inside a buggy body. One trade off. Keeping the rear wheelie bar, if possible, can still be an advantage.
:cool:

Yeah traction rolling happens very much so, when you run run wide long and heavier "Closed Wheel" bodies. A Typhon Buggy it is now. (y):giggle:
High bite tires will always keep her on the edge of a traction roll. So you must consider that also.

But the chassis will stay SO Much cleaner now as a buggy. Just Watch your temps however. Might need a good fan solution there now. There is much less air flow inside a buggy body. One trade off. Keeping the rear wheelie bar, if possible, can still be an advantage.
:cool:
Yeah I think I have a spare wheely bar that I could chop about. I have a spare set of typhon wheels/tyres which I might also try.

Nice! Did you stick with the Senton arms?
Yeah the rest is all senton. How much wider do the typhon arms make it?
I also have a big rock and that is a lot wider than the senton
I took it for a spin with a cheap shell I got off eBay too

9D5CBF6E-3BA0-41AD-BEC0-00E6E5E9457E.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the Senton and Typhon head to head. Very little difference. I doubt swapping out arms would make a difference. Typhon has 17mm hubs compared to 14 mm on Senton however so you would need to swap out hubs to run Typhon tires if you choose.

IMG_20230414_164837128.jpg

Here's a pic of the Senton and Typhon head to head. Very little difference. I doubt swapping out arms would make a difference. Typhon has 17mm hubs compared to 14 mm on Senton however so you would need to swap out hubs to run Typhon tires if you choose.

View attachment 292829
I’ve already got a set of Typhon wheels and the hubs, so easy enough to swap over.
I was surprised how much wider the big rock is!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back