Senton Adding Gyro to Senton 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I have a new Senton 3S and I'd love to add a gyro, just to add some stability for when my son is driving it, and maybe to help me too! Do you think it's worth doing?

Also, is it possible to do so using the stock controller? I really like the 50/75/100 settings on the SLT3, so would like to keep it if possible.

From what I understand, the SkyRC GC401 will work well. But I just wanted to clarify this, as I don't have access to a local hobby store, and I'm a bit confused by the options.

Am I better off starting afresh with a different controller and receiver? The DumboRC X6 and the X6FG receiver seem to be popular but I read others recommend a Flysky. Is it a better option, and if so, can anyone tell me what controller and receiver to go for? I have to order them online, so want to get it right!

Thanks in advance!!!

I run 2 of the SkyRC GC-401's. An awesome "Standalone" add on Gyro, hands down. Works with every and any rig and electrics out there. Has 3 settable Gyro curves for how you intend to drive it. Set that one time. The GC-301 has no settable curve FWIW. If that matters. Otherwise is the same performance.
You set the Gyro 'Gain" how you like it. There is an initial dialing-in/setup learning curve for sure. As with any gyro.

>>>You just may be biting off more than you can chew however, a Gyro is NOT a Crutch for poor driver skills. It's not a training aid. Not at all IMHO. If anything will mask poor driving skills at best. It will not make you into skilled driver. Or look like one.
I actually prefer No Gyro on most of my rigs. Just for Speed Running obviously going 100 mph, it offers an advantage.
I have Gyros in some of my Off road stuff. I find myself dialing the "Gain Setting" very low anyway. Barely 10% and lower. Too much Gyro Gain will make the RC undriveable if not setup correctly. I never liked Gyros for Big air bashing and big jumps either. I feel it works against your driver inputs. Gyros are not simply Plug and Play, as they appear to be. Govern yourself accordingly.
The choice is yours.
But the GC-401 is an awesome choice. Great price as well. I would buy no other. The Receiver types ( think Spektrum AVC) with Gyro built in aren't the best from my exper. I hated them. I disabled the Gyro feature in all of my Spektrum ones. They were horrible.
:cool:
>>>When a Gyro is properly setup, you shouldn't even notice it's in there at all. If you do, then settings are wrong. When driving, it should not be obvious that you have a Gyro. It can tame an otherwise hard to control fast RC, to some extent only.

Last edited:
I run 2 of the SkyRC GC-401's. An awesome "Standalone" add on Gyro, hands down. Works with every and any rig and electrics out there. Has 3 settable Gyro curves for how you intend to drive it. Set that one time. The GC-301 has no settable curve FWIW. If that matters. Otherwise is the same performance.
You set the Gyro 'Gain" how you like it. There is an initial dialing-in/setup learning curve for sure. As with any gyro.

>>>You just may be biting off more than you can chew however, a Gyro is NOT a Crutch for poor driver skills. It's not a training aid. Not at all IMHO. If anything will mask poor driving skills at best. It will not make you into skilled driver. Or look like one.
I actually prefer No Gyro on most of my rigs. Just for Speed Running obviously going 100 mph, it offers an advantage.
I have Gyros in some of my Off road stuff. I find myself dialing the "Gain Setting" very low anyway. Barely 10% and lower. Too much Gyro Gain will make the RC undriveable if not setup correctly. I never liked Gyros for Big air bashing and big jumps either. I feel it works against your driver inputs. Gyros are not simply Plug and Play, as they appear to be. Govern yourself accordingly.
The choice is yours.
But the GC-401 is an awesome choice. Great price as well. I would buy no other. The Receiver types ( think Spektrum AVC) with Gyro built in aren't the best from my exper. I hated them. I disabled the Gyro feature in all of my Spektrum ones. They were horrible.
:cool:
>>>When a Gyro is properly setup, you shouldn't even notice it's in there at all. If you do, then settings are wrong. When driving, it should not be obvious that you have a Gyro. It can tame an otherwise hard to control fast RC, to some extent only.

These are great thoughts and feedback! Thanks!

I will try a GC-401 and see how I get on.

Well, I got myself a GC 401 and look forward to installing it soon. Hopefully my driving is good enough to warrant it! (-;

Does anyone know if there's a way of enabling/disabling it from my SLT-3?

I also ended up getting a chassis 'net' for the Senton, as the terrain here is often full of small stones and rocks. It appears to help avoid servo jams, or rocks damaging the plastic on the driveshaft. I plan to be careful with how I drive the car, so it doesn't overheat. When I get the chance (shipping to Mexico is complicated) I hope to dry some Inner Fenders Wells.

Cheers!

Well, I got myself a GC 401 and look forward to installing it soon. Hopefully my driving is good enough to warrant it! (-;

Does anyone know if there's a way of enabling/disabling it from my SLT-3?

I also ended up getting a chassis 'net' for the Senton, as the terrain here is often full of small stones and rocks. It appears to help avoid servo jams, or rocks damaging the plastic on the driveshaft. I plan to be careful with how I drive the car, so it doesn't overheat. When I get the chance (shipping to Mexico is complicated) I hope to dry some Inner Fenders Wells.

Cheers!
I don't have any experience with the standalone gyro you purchased, but I run this DumboRC transmitter/receiver combo with built in Gyro. I like it because the gyro gain can be adjusted from the radio, no need to take the body off to adjust the gyro sensitivity. I have it turned almost all the way down, but it makes the truck extremely more stable. Best of luck to ya đź‘Ť

Screenshot_20240124_071601_Amazon Shopping.jpg

A Gyro's "gain" setting is usually set and forget one time. May take some trial and error initially to get it where you want it. Then it's done. Just drive it. Don't fuss with it much afterwards. Thinking it can be even better. There is only a finite amount of Gain that will suit your driving style. I found that very little is always best. Less is more. 10% if even that much, for me. Any of my different Gyros.
Don't be looking for some obvious magical thing it is supposed to be doing. Should not "Feel" it at all. It should be in the background and barely obvious that you even have a gyro, once properly setup. But it is there working..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back