Servo travel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoat

Reaction score
Trying to learn about servos. I bought a servo that said it does 270 degrees of travel. I know the Vorteks doesn’t need or can’t use all that. Is it not traveling that far because of stock radio? It only travels the same as stock servo.
It’s there any posts explaining all the terminology, volts,and other crap needed to know about servos?

It doesn't matter how far the servo can travel whether 180 or 270. You'll set your end points for steering throw when you install the new servo. I learned the hard way when i first got into RC. Bought a new servo and didn't set end points. I was snapping pins on my dogbones left and right because my steering was overextending and binding the dogbones in the axles.

Higher voltage servos are higher voltage "capable" but your ESC's BEC needs to support that voltage or you'll just be running at a lower voltage. More voltage = more steering power.

:unsure: I'm not real good at geometry or math but any servo traveling more than 180 degrees seems counter productive to me...

:unsure: I'm not real good at geometry or math but any servo traveling more than 180 degrees seems counter productive to me...
I’ve always assumed that the servos that have a lot of travel are for other applications besides steering an RC car. Maybe like something like in an RC plane or robotics.

Not to say you couldn’t use it for steering if it’s set up correctly.

Trying to learn about servos. I bought a servo that said it does 270 degrees of travel. I know the Vorteks doesn’t need or can’t use all that. Is it not traveling that far because of stock radio? It only travels the same as stock servo.
It’s there any posts explaining all the terminology, volts,and other crap needed to know about servos?
I run 180's and 270's . Makes no difference at all.
When you adjust your Steering Endpoints properly ( hope you always do), Surface RC's Steering generally never even use 60 or 70 Degrees of the servo's Full Sweep Angle. You are good there.(y)
My 3 cents. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back