What servo upgrade is everybody using

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyc10306

Reaction score
Hey guys my servo died. I got this new servo from Amazon for $20 bucks. It's slow but works ok. But my AVC isnt working, It just twiches. I threw away the box so I can't return it. What do I do now? I already wasted $20 so what's the cheapest option that works with AVC?

20240411_103125.jpg

Try going to Jennys.com at get a stock replacement S651. Less than 10 bucks

That's a 270 degree servo. You want 180 degree servo ideally. Still I'm surprised AVC isn't working at all, I would try setting it up again. I use 9imod 25 kg brushless servo on my Vendetta and it works fine with AVC.

https://a.co/d/hCsogEk

For my Infraction 6s I use Savox 2274 because I needed more precision than the 9imod offered. For Vendetta steering is already so sloppy it's not a big deal.

That's a 270 degree servo. You want 180 degree servo ideally. Still I'm surprised AVC isn't working at all, I would try setting it up again. I use 9imod 25 kg brushless servo on my Vendetta and it works fine with AVC.

https://a.co/d/hCsogEk

For my Infraction 6s I use Savox 2274 because I needed more precision than the 9imod offered. For Vendetta steering is already so sloppy it's not a big deal.
I didnt think the degree mattered because im setting end points. Anyway that looks like a great servo. I put it in my Amazon cart. Thanks!

I didnt think the degree mattered because im setting end points. Anyway that looks like a great servo. I put it in my Amazon cart. Thanks!
Technically you can run 270 degree servo with endpoints but it's just not designed for the application. Might have lower resolution etc. but I'm not 100% on that.

It should be fine, you just need to rebind and recalibrate the AVC with the new servo.

I wouldn't think servo brand should matter for AVC functionality, degrees of rotation is more likely the issue. I believe @cancelthefuture is right. I don't know anything about the road cars TBH, but if it's inherently sloppy, I wouldn't spend too much on a servo for it. Then again, I buy cheap servos for all my rc's, LOL.

I've been getting Sinecam's brushless servos lately. The most gear durability and torque for the money. I'm not a servo speed snob. I'm a basher. Not a racer. I don't see them anymore, but I love my Fan Models servo in my K6 Running 8s. It's a coreless with 556oz in at 7.4v. Thing about it, is it's so SMOOTH. So quiet.

I've been getting Sinecam's brushless servos lately. The most gear durability and torque for the money. I'm not a servo speed snob. I'm a basher. Not a racer. I don't see them anymore, but I love my Fan Models servo in my K6 Running 8s. It's a coreless with 556oz in at 7.4v. Thing about it, is it's so SMOOTH. So quiet.
I have two of the Sincecam coreless servos and one of the brushless Sincecams. The two coreless servos are in 3s vehicles, and the brushless is in my 6s Corally Asuga. I've only had them a short while, but I'm impressed with the speed and accuracy of all of them.

The S665 from Jenny's is a lot of servo for not much money, been happy with that upgrade.
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...red-steering-ads-15m-v2-15kg-kraton-ara7615v2

That servo you've got now is the DS3235 SG. Like you said, it's alright, a bit slow. If you spring for the DS3235 Pro, it's way better. Over 40kg-cm and pretty fast, search youtube videos of it being tested if you want. It runs about $40 on amazon and $30 from Aliexpress though, so more cost of course, but is a performer.

The S665 from Jenny's is a lot of servo for not much money, been happy with that upgrade.
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...red-steering-ads-15m-v2-15kg-kraton-ara7615v2

That servo you've got now is the DS3235 SG. Like you said, it's alright, a bit slow. If you spring for the DS3235 Pro, it's way better. Over 40kg-cm and pretty fast, search youtube videos of it being tested if you want. It runs about $40 on amazon and $30 from Aliexpress though, so more cost of course, but is a performer.
I have the cheap 23t spektrum in my newest build right now. It sounds like it's dying andcI haven't even run the truck yet. But the newer ones with 25t might be worth trying.

I have the cheap 23t spektrum in my newest build right now. It sounds like it's dying andcI haven't even run the truck yet. But the newer ones with 25t might be worth trying.
Yeah, if you want to go 25T, the the S665 i a solid option.

Back