Shockingly poor drivers skills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny1202

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
Hi guys, first of all what do you think to this repair..? It definitely got me out of a sticky situation and allowed the fun to continue 😂

Secondly I know there is probably a fair few posts on this but can you recommend me some bullet proof shocks please, preferably with thicker shafts and metal cups.

Kraton 4s blx

A7643C15-E989-412A-8080-BA92AC94B0A6.jpeg

3F196BD0-8367-45CD-B1C6-6E98B3EA8813.jpeg

Hi guys, first of all what do you think to this repair..? It definitely got me out of a sticky situation and allowed the fun to continue 😂

Secondly I know there is probably a fair few posts on this but can you recommend me some bullet proof shocks please, preferably with thicker shafts and metal cups.

Kraton 4s blx

View attachment 346456

View attachment 346457
Excellent idea! Looks like a factory repair!(y)

6s shocks are the best upgrade!
Would 6s exb replacements be better then any other aftermarket option?
Excellent idea! Looks like a factory repair!(y)
Thanks, I’d suggest taking a twig off a live tree, far more durable and offers some flex.

I would say yes as long as they are the right length.

Kraton 6s EXB v2 front shocks 117mm
rear 134mm

Kraton 4s is 111mm front and 132mm rear.

You should be fine I bet they drop right in nicely. You'll want axial AXIA1356 shock bushings too. Good luck!
I assume k6s and k6s exb are all the same lengths?

I’m a bit reluctant to put longer shocks on because I wouldn’t want to change the handling characteristics. What do you think?

I am not much of an off road guy, but stiffer springs?

I highly recommend the Typhon 6s shocks (preferably the TLR units as they are very plush, but hard to come by). Try JennyRC as that’s where many of us buy them.

Last edited:

Kraton 4s blx

View attachment 346456

View attachment 346457

You MacGruber-ed it! 💥👊😂
Episode 4 GIF by MacGruber

Definitely consider Arrma OEM 6S stocks.
A solid upgrade and offers much improved performance. 👍
And they are Very affordable at JennysRC.com
Look any sets for the Kraton 6S, Typhon 6S, Fireteam, whatever is available.

If they are too long for your liking you can always put in some shock limiters to shorten up the overall length.
Use silicone fuel line tubing and just cut them to length.
Also, I'd designed specific ones already ,so if you need any ,just let me know.

You MacGruber-ed it! 💥👊😂
Episode 4 GIF by MacGruber

Definitely consider Arrma OEM 6S stocks.
A solid upgrade and offers much improved performance. 👍
And they are Very affordable at JennysRC.com
Look any sets for the Kraton 6S, Typhon 6S, Fireteam, whatever is available.

If they are too long for your liking you can always put in some shock limiters to shorten up the overall length.
Use silicone fuel line tubing and just cut them to length.
Also, I'd designed specific ones already ,so if you need any ,just let me know.
Shock limiters as in bump stops? Is there any way to lower the ride hight? After adding longer shocks?

Shock limiters as in bump stops? Is there any way to lower the ride hight? After adding longer shocks?

Same idea, but shock limiters go on the inside of the shock body to shorten the overall length.

I assume k6s and k6s exb are all the same lengths?

I’m a bit reluctant to put longer shocks on because I wouldn’t want to change the handling characteristics. What do you think?
exb shocks from the new kraton are what I would choose because they are easier to work on and stiffer. Any 6s shock will work though, check jenny's rc and get the closest length to stock.

I promised to let my dad have a bash today so I put the rear shocks from the old thunder tiger eb4 on her.. a bit of fuel hose and some washers and they look pretty sweet to be fair.

Now I’ve just got to get him to part with his money and get one 😎

0559F287-94CF-41A9-8396-7D7F59344EB0.jpeg

Just an update for you guys, I fitted the 6s front and rear shocks, good call @Glitch on the axia bushes mate the worked perfectly, I swapped over the little ball joints out the bottom of the shock as they where wider on the 4s, this way no spacers where needed.

As for the ride night it was sitting very high on the front so I lowered the coil over and raised the rear.. when I test drove it I wasent happy with the handling, it just felt wrong the steering was a bit off and just sat too high overall.

So what I did was put the 4s springs back in, the fronts are about 15mm ish shorter but the rears where the same, but because the front sat lower I was able to go back to the pre set ride heights for the 6s and the car now sits perfectly. I also gave the front some toe out for good measure.

Im really keen to see how she handles now.

I hope that feed back can help others in the future 👍🏼

Just wanna say a big thank you for everyone’s input especially @Glitch on the bushes.

Back