Senton So, I built a track today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Wow, what alot of work! I have a cabin in northern AZ, and we own a property next to ours that's mostly wide open. Sadly, it burned in a wildfire back in in 2002, and it's pretty much still open space that used to be thick forest. So I picked out an area that looked workable and got to work. With a rake and a gas weed eater, I ended up with a pretty decent looking track. It's got about an 80 ft straight-a-way that 90's for about 30ft, then go'es into a series of 180's and circles around back to the straight-a-way. After my first run on it, I could tell I need to make some of the turns a little bigger, and it's a little bumpy, but it's a good start. I did have some problems with my Senton BLX 3s. It came with a 20 tooth pinion and when I went to change it to a 15, I couldn't get get the allen screw loose. Any one have any tips on that? Could I heat the screw to melt the loctite without hurting the motor? I'm worried I might have stripped it out. Anyway, had fun on my track and wish I could find some some more guys, or gals to race with.

Wow, what alot of work! I have a cabin in northern AZ, and we own a property next to ours that's mostly wide open. Sadly, it burned in a wildfire back in in 2002, and it's pretty much still open space that used to be thick forest. So I picked out an area that looked workable and got to work. With a rake and a gas weed eater, I ended up with a pretty decent looking track. It's got about an 80 ft straight-a-way that 90's for about 30ft, then go'es into a series of 180's and circles around back to the straight-a-way. After my first run on it, I could tell I need to make some of the turns a little bigger, and it's a little bumpy, but it's a good start. I did have some problems with my Senton BLX 3s. It came with a 20 tooth pinion and when I went to change it to a 15, I couldn't get get the allen screw loose. Any one have any tips on that? Could I heat the screw to melt the loctite without hurting the motor? I'm worried I might have stripped it out. Anyway, had fun on my track and wish I could find some some more guys, or gals to race with.
Just heat up the pinion with a direct flame. Butane torch works great.

Let's see a pic!

Wow, awesome. It'll be fantastic if you keep working at it little by little.

Curious to see pictures too...
Thanks for sharing.

Here's some pic's. keep in mind this is just a rough draft. Like I said, this property burned in a wild fire 18 years ago and still nothing grows. People ask us that " It's coming back, right, But they don't understand that when it burns that bad, it kills the soil and nothing grows. Anyway, I've got some work to do on the turns and it's pretty bumpy, but it's a start.

Attachments

• track 1.jpg
    track 1.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 71
  • track 4.jpg
    track 4.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 72
Here's some pic's. keep in mind this is just a rough draft. Like I said, this property burned in a wild fire 18 years ago and still nothing grows. People ask us that " It's coming back, right, But they don't understand that when it burns that bad, it kills the soil and nothing grows. Anyway, I've got some work to do on the turns and it's pretty bumpy, but it's a start.

Nice! Well, if you want a track, some scorched earth is nice so that your track doesn't turn into your lawn 2 months in!

Here's some pic's. keep in mind this is just a rough draft. Like I said, this property burned in a wild fire 18 years ago and still nothing grows.

Could be a good place for a permanent carpet (or ex-football field turf)
No dust and "soft" landing.
Thanks for sharing. Nice start.

Attachments

• IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    588 KB · Views: 48
Man, i would LOVE to throw my senton in and do some bashing/racing. Also, i'm a fan of the scorched-earth vibes you've got going on there :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back