Limitless Speed runner rear toe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
I have scorhed adjustable rear hinge pin holder on there way. They said stock is 2.7 and there holders go from 2.7 to 0 here some pics. What would you run for toe

Screenshot_20231203-172334_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231203-172324_Chrome.jpg

I set mine up at 1.3 but I haven’t run it yet. My thought was I’d still get a little help with straight line stability without going to the theoretically fastest setting of 0°.

I set mine up at 1.3 but I haven’t run it yet. My thought was I’d still get a little help with straight line stability without going to the theoretically fastest setting of 0°.
That's what I was thinking 1.3 in the middle seems pretty safe. Just have to make sure my trim is perfect and she tracks straight. But under power they can be a handful. I don't exactly have a great speed run road yet and I think you have the same issue Dan. I wasn't bless with a runway or a road with no traffic living 25 minutes from NYC.Thanks for your input.

That's what I was thinking 1.3 in the middle seems pretty safe. Just have to make sure my trim is perfect and she tracks straight. But under power they can be a handful. I don't exactly have a great speed run road yet and I think you have the same issue Dan. I wasn't bless with a runway or a road with no traffic living 25 minutes from NYC.Thanks for your input.
Right on, man. I think I finally found a stretch of road, but I’ll be fighting two issues. The first is that it’s a pretty busy 2-lane road (State Route 5) so I’ll almost certainly be running in the middle of the night with a spotter to avoid traffic. The second issue is my wife’s stance on this, who very strongly disagrees with running on a public roadway. So she mos def will not be my spotter. 😂
But holy smoke man, finding a road in New England with a smooth 1/2 mile straight with little or no elevation changes is a real challenge.
I found another option in Connecticut near Hartford in the farmland behind Bradley Airport. Long, flat straights, and less travelled than the option near me. But the surface of the roads leave something to be desired. I might load up a rig or two sometime this spring and make the 1-1/2 hour drive and see how it goes.

May go 2.0 till I feel more confident with my ride. Running an rc at 70+ is something I thought I would never being doing since running back in the 80's but running over 140 holy sh#t so that's why every thing has to be perfect and take the time to get your car right. I've been out 20+ times to do a speed run and only made 1 full pass, it's just has to be right.

May go 2.0 till I feel more confident with my ride. Running an rc at 70+ is something I thought I would never being doing since running back in the 80's but running over 140 holy sh#t so that's why every thing has to be perfect and take the time to get your car right. I've been out 20+ times to do a speed run and only made 1 full pass, it's just has to be right.
You’re right. I’m a baby about it. How fast was your pass?

My 1 full pass was 143 mph with a 25t pinion then I had 1 sloppy out of control pass I bailed on was 144 mph with a 27t pinion, but my speed run road is not that wide and there's a traffic issue. Very stressful and I feel like I'm being rushed, just a recipe for disaster. To much money in the car to be messing around and that's before I scorched it out, now I have to be real careful.

My 1 full pass was 143 mph with a 25t pinion then I had 1 sloppy out of control pass I bailed on was 144 mph with a 27t pinion, but my speed run road is not that wide and there's a traffic issue. Very stressful and I feel like I'm being rushed, just a recipe for disaster. To much money in the car to be messing around and that's before I scorched it out, now I have to be real careful.
Yup. I watch some of our resident rockstar speed runners here and am always amazed how calm they are, sometimes even dodging traffic on roads. I am not/would not be that calm. It’s a stressful nail biter for me, and I haven’t even quite broken 100 yet. Not that it isn’t super fun and a great rush, but I definitely have a large dose of stress in the mix.

I run 1.5° rear toe using the TLR Typhon rear hinge pins. My PB is 150mph with an open wheel Limitless.

Going from 3° to 1.5° wasn’t a game changer, in fact it didn’t make much of an impression on me when I went to 1.5°.

The biggest improvement for me was the addition of the Perfect Pass Batwing. After installing that, the car was immediately on rails. Once I had the car lined up to the centerline of my road, it stuck to the ground - I wasn’t even steering it was going straight as an arrow.

So my point is, rear toe is only one of a number of settings that work together to provide a stable package at speed.

I think it depends how fast you want to go. What speeds you have attained, and your goal. with the pill setup there, I would go with .7 at most and not quite 0, because with all that inherent slop at the rear , you stand a good chance, under loading, getting a Toe OUT situation at the rear. Will be horrible if she goes Toe-Out. Even Zero/perfectly straight is a bear to contend with. How I see it. If your goal is 150+, even somewhere in the middle is a start. If you need to eek out that 1 MPH more to get there, you might get lucky going closer to Zero. A notch at a time. Zero is really hard to keep directional enough under load. Some Toe-IN really keeps these hooked up and straight.

Last edited:
I run 1.5° rear toe using the TLR Typhon rear hinge pins. My PB is 150mph with an open wheel Limitless.

Going from 3° to 1.5° wasn’t a game changer, in fact it didn’t make much of an impression on me when I went to 1.5°.

The biggest improvement for me was the addition of the Perfect Pass Batwing. After installing that, the car was immediately on rails. Once I had the car lined up to the centerline of my road, it stuck to the ground - I wasn’t even steering it was going straight as an arrow.

So my point is, rear toe is only one of a number of settings that work together to provide a stable package at speed.
You know looking back at my pass, your right when the car got up to around 100 it really felt like it hunkered down and felt really stable and I do run the batwing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back