Spektrum Firma 150 ESC Blinking Red LED light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RudyWasAGoonie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello,
I've had my Arrma typhon for a few months now. It's been running great, but while out last time I ran into the following issue: I ran the truck for a while, let it sit running for a bout 5 min, the fan reved up, and now the LED flashes red and there is no steering or throttle. This indicates the LVC was activated. I've tried 3 different sets of fully charged batteries and have had the same result. Can anyone help here?
Thanks in advance.

Well this exact thing just happened to me too on Saturday with my month old v5 Kraton 6S. I have a thread and a video in the 6S subforum. I followed the instructions to reset the ESC and that brought back the throttle, so I'd suggest you try that first. It's really easy. For me it did not bring back the steering. Forum members and Arrma tech support both say it's the servo not the ESC causing my steering problems so I'm getting a new servo next to see if that solves the steering issue.

p.s. Goonies never say die!

Well this exact thing just happened to me too on Saturday with my month old v5 Kraton 6S. I have a thread and a video in the 6S subforum. I followed the instructions to reset the ESC and that brought back the throttle, so I'd suggest you try that first. It's really easy. For me it did not bring back the steering. Forum members and Arrma tech support both say it's the servo not the ESC causing my steering problems so I'm getting a new servo next to see if that solves the steering issue.

p.s. Goonies never I'm

I'm also having same problem can I have the link pls

Can u have the link I'm also having same problem

Same thing just happened to me on my Typhoon 6s V5. banged my head against the wall with batteries and resetting the ESC. Threw the old STX2 receiver in it from my Kraton 6s v4 and problem solved. Bad SR315 receiver... opened a case with Horizon.

Same thing just happened to me on my Typhoon 6s V5. banged my head against the wall with batteries and resetting the ESC. Threw the old STX2 receiver in it from my Kraton 6s v4 and problem solved. Bad SR315 receiver... opened a case with Horizon.
on mine my servo died on my typhon 6s im thinking about fixing it and reselling it im done with rc lool

news hh already message me they gonna replace my servo
HH is good that’s why I buy my rigs from them no matter how many servos go they replace within warranty
HH is good that’s why I buy my rigs from them no matter how many servos go they replace within warranty
Even when my esc caught fire 🔥 the replacement for esc lid and servo everything the fire damaged.
Mine is blinking green no throttle f me

Month old kraton v5 with maybe 10 packs ran through it, just did the same damn thing to me and even after resetting the esc I still have no throttle or steering.. WTF Goin on here Horizon???

Even when my esc caught fire 🔥 the replacement for esc lid and servo everything the fire damaged.
Mine is blinking green no throttle f me
Same thing here what did you do

To process a warranty claim, send an email to [email protected] and provide the following information: Your complete name and shipping information. Product number and item description.

Also just to avoid the back and forth of them asking questions about doing common troubleshooting I would just add in your email that you have already tried recalibrating the esc. I also told them I disconnected the steering servo from the reciever and said it still was flashing with no throttle or anything when powered on.
They were pretty fast with mine and just sent me a new esc without sending the old one back. So top notch service.
Ps. They will ask you to send pictures of receipt from wherever you bought it

Those stocker Spektrum Servos have been known to take out the ESC's FWIW. I never warranty the RTR OE Servo, even if its free.
I replace them when New out the box, first thing tossed.
They are underpowered anyway.

Same here... Thats exactly why i said to mention unplugging the servo in the first email sent because otherwise they are going to ask you to try doing just that as troubleshooting precisely because sometimes those servos die and if left plugged in will sometimes screw with the esc.
That way no time has to be wasted on you emailing them and then waiting another day for a response only for them to ask you to try to recalibrate the esc. Then wait another day for them to again ask you to try unplugging the servo etc.... saves time. My buddy and me both had issues and we both only sent 2 emails total and a new one was being shipped and the second email was because they asked for the shipping address. Lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back