Firma 150 Esc V1 vs V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
So as the thread title implies, has anyone actually figured out what the differences are between the V1 & new V2 Firma 150 esc, aside from the color?? I'm assuming it's probably a firmware update. Taken with a grain of salt of course, but Jaytee stated in one of his videos that the V2 esc seems to have more Oomph to it. Jennys actually has the best price I've seen on the internet for the V2 esc, and I have a feeling they'll be raising the prices sooner than later. I was looking into purchasing one for my Infraction build. I don't want or need the crazy power from a top tier aftermarket ESC, I'm just looking to hoon around and not break/stress drivetrain components.

Couldn't tell you, my guess (and hope), minor re-design due to part obsolescence. Hopefully a re-design on critical circuit as many have reported fires on the V1.
Have 2x V1 myself and they are rock solid but had to change the advanced timing to something less critical (15 vs 22 deg).
No way to tell without knowing the internals.

Could also be just a change in color.

Firmware is never a reason for a rev change and you be surprised how little things change between generations. Hardware dictates what the firmware can do and not the other way around.

So as the thread title implies, has anyone actually figured out what the differences are between the V1 & new V2 Firma 150 esc, aside from the color?? I'm assuming it's probably a firmware update. Taken with a grain of salt of course, but Jaytee stated in one of his videos that the V2 esc seems to have more Oomph to it. Jennys actually has the best price I've seen on the internet for the V2 esc, and I have a feeling they'll be raising the prices sooner than later. I was looking into purchasing one for my Infraction build. I don't want or need the crazy power from a top tier aftermarket ESC, I'm just looking to hoon around and not break/stress drivetrain components.
I will venture out there, and say it is strictly a Firmware Update. Color change is just for marketting. The F/W Parameter Values have changed as a result with the V2. Have a look see at both the V1 And V2 manuals for yourself. I would obviously want the V2, Just for the updated F/W and new features that it brings. And Only IF the price is right. Otherwise I prefer Sensored HW for upgrade ESC's.
As for more Torque. I highly doubt that it has More. Just Marketting. More torque requires a change in amp delivery. The Amp specs have not changed. If you simply up the Punch setting, that changes the Torque in reality. And JT never spoke of his settings. He had no Clue. Never mentioned his V2 Firma settings at all.
And yes JayTee said the Torque is better...... I saw that . He is there to sell you Arrma's. And hype all the V2 new stuff. I watch pretty much all the Influencers. I would never base my Purchase on JT's or other similar sponsored Influencers "opinions". They tend to be prejudiced IMO.
JT has nothing much to offer IMHO, when it comes to technical RC stuff. He just regurgitates All the Box Art Marketting mumbo Jumbo. How he flies. He tries to impress by winging it, like he's some pro.
He needs to "Sell" these Arrma's and get likes and subs like the rest, so he keeps getting Arrma's for free. With that comes much BS Hype. The latest and greatest etc..... is sometimes Not.
Not hating. Just saying there are many sponsored influencers that fall into this category. Some are worse than others. Govern yourself accordingly.

Last edited:
I will venture out there, and say it is strictly a Firmware Update. Color change is just for marketting. The F/W Parameter Values have changed as a result with the V2. Have a look see at both the V1 And V2 manuals for yourself. I would obviously want the V2, Just for the updated F/W and new features that it brings. And Only IF the price is right. Otherwise I prefer Sensored HW for upgrade ESC's.
As for more Torque. I highly doubt that it has More. Just Marketting. More torque requires a change in amp delivery. The Amp specs have not changed. If you simply up the Punch setting, that changes the Torque in reality. And JT never spoke of his settings. He had no Clue. Never mentioned his V2 Firma settings at all.
And yes JayTee said the Torque is better...... I saw that . He is there to sell you Arrma's. And hype all the V2 new stuff. I watch pretty much all the Influencers. I would never base my Purchase on JT's or other similar sponsored Influencers "opinions". They tend to be prejudiced IMO.
JT has nothing much to offer IMHO, when it comes to technical RC stuff. He just regurgitates All the Box Art Marketting mumbo Jumbo. How he flies. He tries to impress by winging it, like he's some pro.
He needs to "Sell" these Arrma's and get likes and subs like the rest, so he keeps getting Arrma's for free. With that comes much BS Hype. The latest and greatest etc..... is sometimes Not.
Not hating. Just saying there are many sponsored influencers that fall into this category. Some are worse than others. Govern yourself accordingly.
I have to say I absolutely agree with you on this! It’s a shame because it’s hard to tell what is an honest and true review and what is just someone who wants to continue to get free stuff. I don’t know, but I couldn’t imagine pushing some thing that I don’t really believe is good out to other people. My conscience wouldn’t let me do that.

Hell...., I wish they would do more firmware updates on the stuff already out.

Look forward to seeing what the v2 offers I have a lot of v1 in a box replaced by Max6

Hell...., I wish they would do more firmware updates on the stuff already out.

Look forward to seeing what the v2 offers I have a lot of v1 in a box replaced by Max6
That would be pretty awesome! I can only imagine how much money you’ve spent on ESC’s. That’s wild. I almost feel like every company nowadays puts stuff out subpar products. It’s almost like they want something more to be desired by their customer, so they purchase more things. Or they just make it so it breaks all the time lol. I have tools from my great grandfather that are in better shape than brand new stuff

Thanks everyone, you've all provided some great thinking points & information! @CosmoM3 I have thought about going that route, but the only reason I was more-so leaning towards the Firmas was b/c the dual battery connectors are already soldered on. The only thing I haven't mastered in this hobby yet is soldering. I'm sure others will chime in advising how easy it is for them to solder, but it's a skill I'm still working at.

Thanks everyone, you've all provided some great thinking points & information! @CosmoM3 I have thought about going that route, but the only reason I was more-so leaning towards the Firmas was b/c the dual battery connectors are already soldered on. The only thing I haven't mastered in this hobby yet is soldering. I'm sure others will chime in advising how easy it is for them to solder, but it's a skill I'm still working at.
I cannot say I’m an expert lol far from it. But I’ll tell you that practice was the only thing that got me better at it. I can’t sit here and tell you how to do it but I can say I believe in you and you can do it! Just keep practicing if you have the time. It’s like one of those things once you get it you get it. Sorry I don’t have the magic answer but I can definitely encourage you.

Hopefully the v2’s amp cut actually functions properly, got half a dozen burnt up RTR escs on the shelf because they can’t handle the instant amp draw I require.

But yes, I recommend the 8BL150 for now

Last edited:
I cannot say I’m an expert lol far from it. But I’ll tell you that practice was the only thing that got me better at it. I can’t sit here and tell you how to do it but I can say I believe in you and you can do it! Just keep practicing if you have the time. It’s like one of those things once you get it you get it. Sorry I don’t have the magic answer but I can definitely encourage you.
Thanks man, I appreciate the encouragement! I bought a soldering iron kit from Walmart a few months back with the intentions of taking the leap into soldering, but I just haven't built up the confidence to try it out. I'm going to start with some practice solders and slowly build up my skill. Thanks again for the motivation 🍻

Thanks man, I appreciate the encouragement! I bought a soldering iron kit from Walmart a few months back with the intentions of taking the leap into soldering, but I just haven't built up the confidence to try it out. I'm going to start with some practice solders and slowly build up my skill. Thanks again for the motivation 🍻
I’d be willing to bet that within a couple hours of practice you’ll be laughing at why you thought it was so hard to begin with. There are tons of great videos on YouTube. It’s crazy how nowadays you can just YouTube something and almosy become an expert lol almost.
If anyone has any old ESC or motors or transmitters they wanna sell pm me?. I’m going to be building a car with my daughter and electronics are all that’s pretty much left we have to figure out. Long story short I got full custody of my daughter and had to sell my rc collection among other things. I’d do it all again in a heartbeat for my lil girl. She loves rc like her daddy and we are going to build her first car together. The awesome ppl of this community have been so helpful and giving its insane. I’m gonna document the whole thing with pics and all. But that’s the context on why I asked. Talking about escs got me thinking I should ask here lol.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back