Spektrum Firma 150A esc fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is wrong with my esc?

Stuck in calibration mode.. if it does that the instant you turn it on that means the little settings button is pressed... And if you are not pressing it, then I guess the next question is, any rain or snow racing lately?...

Yes it has been a LOT of snow racing last week…. How do i fix the button?
Open it up look for corrosion and gently , very gently wipe or sand 1000 or higher .Sand away the corrosion and there are sprays out there for electrical connections to clean them.

My guess would be there is still water in the switch, completing the connection.. or as @Boggs3010 suggested, there could be corrosion...

Definitely pull the switch apart and inspect it for water and corrosion.. hopefully it is as simple as that.. 👍

I don't think i can see any wet surfaces here…
IMG_8823.jpeg
IMG_8823.jpeg

no water at all. I used air pressure (?) and it was totally dry.
When i am thinking about what happened i was to program a bit More punch, so i pressed the button and then it became weird.

No respond to button, no respond to LCD programming box, just smuttering and noisy.
And the motor wires getting hot.

no water at all. I used air pressure (?) and it was totally dry.
When i am thinking about what happened i was to program a bit More punch, so i pressed the button and then it became weird.

No respond to button, no respond to LCD programming box, just smuttering and noisy.
And the motor wires getting hot.

Gotcha.. will it respond to the program box? Maybe you could try to flash the firmware again and see if it comes back to life... The motor wires getting warm would be normal as it's pulsing power to the motor to get the tone.. extended periods of that pulse will create heat, but it should never get HOT...

Gotcha.. will it respond to the program box? Maybe you could try to flash the firmware again and see if it comes back to life... The motor wires getting warm would be normal as it's pulsing power to the motor to get the tone.. extended periods of that pulse will create heat, but it should never get HOT...
You are right, only heat.
But it Does not respond to anything. Not even the LCD programmer unit.

You are right, only heat.
But it Does not respond to anything. Not even the LCD programmer unit.

Before going any further, unplug the esc from the rx.. try it again.. see if it enters initial setup instead of programming mode..

If that fails, unplug the motor wires and try again..

If that fails, it may be a brick... But if that is the case and you got this far without results it wouldn't hurt to try to disable the program button completely by cutting the wire's

Before going any further, unplug the esc from the rx.. try it again.. see if it enters initial setup instead of programming mode..

If that fails, unplug the motor wires and try again..

If that fails, it may be a brick... But if that is the case and you got this far without results it wouldn't hurt to try to disable the program button completely by cutting the wire's
Thanks! I’ll try these alternatives out after work :)

Thanks! I’ll try these alternatives out after work :)
I tried this before work instead, only alternative left is cutting the wire…. :/
I think i need to contact the store where i bought it from. I have only testdrived it today and has not More Than 1hour.

The store says to me: recalibrate esc and motor…

Yeah, hopefully they will work with you.. I would bring them the rig, and have them realize it can't be calibrated... It may get you to a faster solution..

Yeah, hopefully they will work with you.. I would bring them the rig, and have them realize it can't be calibrated... It may get you to a faster solution..
This for sure, in person helps quite a bit.

Also, even though the electronics are water resistant I don't run in wet conditions. Some people get lucky and run in the snow for some time, others, not so much and even the slightest water infiltration will take out the ESC.

You can also check out the live chat at the Horizon web site and ask for help, you will need to send them a copy of your receipt but they have a good warranty. (y)

I bought it on eBay from a dealer in US, and i live in Sweden , so i am toasted 🥲.

BUT, today when i came home from work, i started to look at this poop, and i made all steps once again. And it blinked green and red, and it started to work. For about 1minute til it went back again.
So i may be guessing it is something with the wireing…. 🤷‍♂️

I bought it on eBay from a dealer in US, and i live in Sweden , so i am toasted 🥲.

BUT, today when i came home from work, i started to look at this poop, and i made all steps once again. And it blinked green and red, and it started to work. For about 1minute til it went back again.
So i may be guessing it is something with the wireing…. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry to hear that, it definitely makes things much more difficult... It may come back to life if it dries out completely.... Let it sit a few day's.. you could expedite the drying by putting the esc in a container of rice..

Sorry to hear that, it definitely makes things much more difficult... It may come back to life if it dries out completely.... Let it sit a few day's.. you could expedite the drying by putting the esc in a container of rice..
Thanks. Yes i know, i should have let the stealership Horizon take my money from the beginning….
Ok, i Will let it dry a couple of days now.

Thanks. Yes i know, i should have let the stealership Horizon take my money from the beginning….
Ok, i Will let it dry a couple of days now.

I'm not sure if horizon services Sweden, but it may be worth the email to the warranty department... do you have any local hobby shops? I'm assuming you probably don't since you purchased from the u.s...

Back