Senton Stock Nimh runtime.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyxxterzc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Senton 6s
Anyone get super short run times on their stock rtr Nimh? It seems I'm getting about 5 minutes of run time or less on the stock 2400mah nimh. I've fast charged it with a 50w prophet mini multi twice. At first it would cut studder a little. Made me think I did something odd to my transmitter settings or some random interference from something. I'm charging a 5000mah 2s lipo now to see if it does anything differently on 2s.

I have same problem and been told they have poor run time. Keep us informed on how the 2s lipo does on stock system

Ha. Wow, just wow. These things really haul with a proper battery. I think I just got around 8-10 minutes and the truck now is a monster. I'd suggest to anyone that your first upgrade be a 2s lipo, one of the 5000mah ones. I bought a gensacearespammers 50c 5000 Mah and it went from being slightly faster than a toy grade rc to flipping on turns and lasting twice if not three times as long. Honestly, unless something breaks this thing is not getting upgraded. The speed is plenty fast enough for me. I may invest in a better battery charger as mine doesn't have a storage charge function but batteries should be the first upgrade. Insanity.

Awesome to hear that. I am going to do the same and then get a brushless system later. The batteries is going to be the first up grade over the nimh

Nim packs are pretty much obsolete these days. The enjoyment of 4 to 10 minutes run time with these nim packs was correct for RC vehicles 15-20 years ago. Lipo packs and brushless motors are what revived this hobby in the recent 10 years. Run times of 25 -45 minutes depending on gearing and weight of your specific RC vehicle are common for Lipo packs these days. Nim packs are very cheap and may seem like the cheaper way to go, but you cannot enjoy the lengthy run times a Lipo pack will provide. Lipos provide a more linear voltage which is very important to understand. Lipo is the way to go. A decent Lipo charger and a set of lipo packs requires a considerable investment, that many newcomers to this hobby cannot grasp. And this can be frustrating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back