Senton Stock wheels...🫣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEGOBRIX

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
With in 5 minutes of riding my new out of the box senton, my rear tire burst... They are even worse then I thought... Then im going to get the badlands faster then I thought...😅 Or are there other tires to consider? Greetings...

IMG-20231124-WA0009.jpeg

Yup looks like the typical Senton tires. Known problem with them, the rubber compound is too thin imho so they balloon too much and when they hit the body the body tears them then they just come flying apart. I would go Badlands as well.

Mine did same thing. I've read it's very common w those tires. I got thr Duratrax 5541 lockup tires. But they are bigger & I had to trim the wheel wells a bit. They dig in real well. Probably too well. I'm mostly on grass & I snapped a rear axle. Maybe a less aggressive tread would have been better. I saw one company making 14mm hex wheel & tire combo that was same size as stock & SCT type tread. If I see it I'll share

Screenshot_20231124_074455_eBay.jpg

We've worn out about 3 or 4 sets of Senton tyres but never blown out one like that. Trim the wheel arches and never let them balloon(diff out). Use thicker diff fluid if needed. They are soft and thin but if you adjust your driving, they will last till worn out.

We've worn out about 3 or 4 sets of Senton tyres but never blown out one like that. Trim the wheel arches and never let them balloon(diff out). Use thicker diff fluid if needed. They are soft and thin but if you adjust your driving, they will last till worn out.

They last forever on 2s. You will round out the hexes before you ever blow them apart.

They last forever on 2s. You will round out the hexes before you ever blow them apart.
True, but even on 3s my son is running them with minimal tread left. A small pinion helps too.

True, but even on 3s my son is running them with minimal tread left. A small pinion helps too.

Yeah my nephew only knows one speed and that is full throttle so I don't let him run it on 3s.

No pizza cutter no problem. Tires can only take so many rpm before the centrifugal force gets em.
If you see a single tire slippin and growin its time to let off a wee bit 😂

Thicker diff fluid. Being its brand new id suspect little to no diff fluid which is probably why this happened. Pull the diffs and fill with 20k. It'll be much much better 😉😄

No pizza cutter no problem. Tires can only take so many rpm before the centrifugal force gets em.
If you see a single tire slippin and growin its time to let off a wee bit 😂

Thicker diff fluid. Being its brand new id suspect little to no diff fluid which is probably why this happened. Pull the diffs and fill with 20k. It'll be much much better 😉😄
Yes it's all new. I orded new diff fluid. But it is still on it's way...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back