Fireteam Stock Radio Range Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USORacing

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Who has experienced the range issues and have you been able to sort it out WITHOUT replacing the radio?
Mine is absolutely horrible. I lose signal between 75 and 100 feet, which happens fast with this beast. Walk towards it, hold the Radio overhead, and it starts working again. Range is so bad it reminds me of the toys with the wired remote from back in the day LMAO.

Check your antenna.
It should be upright, not horizontal or in an angle.
Check that the exposed tip of the antenna wire is still undamaged, because that piece is the actual antenna. The shielded part is just antenna lead.
Check that the tip of the antenna wire is high up your antenna tube.
Check your remote's batteries.
If all the hardware is ok but you still have issues, it could be interference. Are there power lines, electric installations, antennas or radars nearby?

I checked the antenna and
rebinded? rebound? Whatever you know what I mean 🤣 no interference out here in the sticks. I put fresh batteries, unused out of the battery box anyway, might be old. Guess I'll go grab set of brand new batteries just to verify.

Who has experienced the range issues and have you been able to sort it out WITHOUT replacing the radio?
Mine is absolutely horrible. I lose signal between 75 and 100 feet, which happens fast with this beast. Walk towards it, hold the Radio overhead, and it starts working again. Range is so bad it reminds me of the toys with the wired remote from back in the day LMAO.

My FT can get so damn far out I can hardly see which way to turn it around to bring it back. Mine you I am using a Spektrum receiver, but it is AVC 6100AT and DX5C radio. Outside of AVC, I do not believe there is a range advantage.

The point is you should get a lot more range with that receiver.

All antenna I have up. Make sure it is not pinched, cut, broken anywhere
1678557620815.png

Got sick of messing with it. So, I picked up A Radiolink RS6G V3 for $82 with RX, I really like it. Now I've got Telemetry, Gyro, 3 driving modes, Throttle lock, mixed my Rear brake to shut off throttle when applied this actually makes it fun to use, And The BEST PART.... NO MORE RANGE ISSUES!!!! Definitely worth the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back