Kraton Kraton 6s EXB - Strange Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
This car is less than a week old, and when moving forward at low speeds and you turn the wheels, the truck stops moving, but as soon as you stop steering, it picks back up.

I did a calibration for the throttle which didn't fix anything, and it does Not do this when in reverse, only forwards.

Any ideas? It's the weirdest thing I've seen.

Did u update the esc??because for some reason sometimes servos.gpes wrong and the rc act strange 🤔

Some members here have experienced similar issues. I'm sure they will chime in on a solution. I believe it's the V2 stealth 150a needs a update/firmware & or patch.

This happened to me on my v2 EXB. I did the update and it worked fine for a little while until the servo stopped working. I think it was the servo the hole time.
And sometimes steering would lock to the left and not come back until I turned off the ESC and turned it back on.

Likely a bad servo: if it draws too many amps, you get what is called "brownout", where the ESC doesn't have enough power to run both the servo and throttle. When the servo stops drawing power (no steering being used), the throttle returns to normal.

Replacing the stock servo is quick and inexpensive: buy a 35kg servo from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Core...8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Man sounds like the updated servo is a turd after all. Had heard several people say it was better than the old ones but maybe not...

I did a firmware update, forced one even though it was the same version, and I recalibrated it - which did nothing. Still does the same thing.

This car is less than a week old, and when moving forward at low speeds and you turn the wheels, the truck stops moving, but as soon as you stop steering, it picks back up.

I did a calibration for the throttle which didn't fix anything, and it does Not do this when in reverse, only forwards.

Any ideas? It's the weirdest thing I've seen.
Call Horizon Hobby.

Call Horizon Hobby.

All good advice above, my Mojave 4s has ESC issues right out of the box, called Arrma, no answer or call back ever. Called Horizon and got hold of support, they said all that ESC out of stock and don't know when coming back in stock, took my name/address/phone and said they will send a new ESC when back in stock...that was couple months ago and still nothing! Bought Spektrum programming box and need to update it's firmware first and then hopefully my Mojave 4s ESC, haven't had time to do this yet, but read that it fixed most but not all peeps problems, good luck.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/smart-esc-programming-update-box-avian-and-firma/SPMXCA200.html

Back