Felony Felony ESC Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbrown34

Reaction score
I have had the felony for a week, ran 3 batteries through it. On the third, it shut down. After letting it sit for a bit, I tried to restart it. The esc turned on and went through its beeps, but then the green light did not stay on. When I try steering, it works fine, but giving it throttle, it goes through the start up beeps/lights again, and the green still doesn’t stay on.

Full batteries all around

Have you checked your throttle trim on the remote? Sometimes if it's not centered the esc will fail startup

Oof doesn't sound good. Do you have another esc you can test it with?

Might need to reach out to Horizon on that one.

If they find the esc is faulty I would turn the timing down on the replacement, stock is set pretty high imo, especially for a speed runner.

Yeah I've heard of this happening on other spektrum and hobbywing ESCs, I don't remember if they figured out the actual issue but it ended up with a warranty replacement. Horizon has seen this before and is pretty good about shipping out a new one quickly once they have everything documented.

Had similar issue in my felony and it was from the servo starting to go bad.

I think servo was starting to seize up inside. It would still turn the front wheels but would put a huge drain on battery and as soon as I tried to apply throttle the esc would just reset. I’ve heard
this referred to as a “brown out”.

I would try unplugging the servo from receiver and see if you’re able to get throttle to work again.

Toss the oem servo. I literally threw mine away most esc issues went away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back