Grom Stock standard grom loss of drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrcqs

Reaction score
bought a grom a few weeks back and have been enjoying bashing it. However from the get go noticed that reverse would sometimes take a couple of trigger taps to engage. Now after the last run on battery and having recharged battery there is no drive whatsoever forward or reverse. Steering still works fine. Have tried re-binding the remote as per instructions and no luck as well as new batteries for remote. When starting it up the esc sometimes doesn’t even beep. I’m out of town at the moment so will take it back to the store when home to see what they think. However while I wait thought I would ask here to see if this is an easy issue to diagnose (ESC fried or something?)

I had an electronic issue with mine right out of the box, sounds a little similar to yours. My only issue was the reverse would randomly kick in without even touching the throttle, and would take a few taps to get it to go into reverse when I wanted it to. I tried fresh batteries, re binding, etc. I then got ahold of Horizon Hobbies, they answered my email very quickly, and sent me a new ESC. After installing the ESC, it still had the same problems, so sent another email to Horizon, and they sent me a new upgraded transmitter. Installed batteries, to about 3 seconds to bind it, voila! Problem solved. Runs perfectly now. All that to say give Horizon a shout, they should take care of you.

Back