Strange things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootertwo

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
OK, went out awhile ago, and ran my Kraton with it's new SRC road crusher tires and wheels. Very nice stuff, NO ballooning at all! However, while slowly driving out to the street, it went into a neutral? Motor spinning but no movement, forward or reverse. I assumed the pinion had come loose. Back in house, popped off the body, gave it some juice, and all was normal??? So I figured the pinion had come loose on the motor shaft, and had now slid back into position. Took a small screwdriver, and tried to pry the gear away from the motor. Tight, no movement. So I took it back out, and ran a hlaf pack through it, no problems. Still scratching head! 52 mph. Then grabbed my Nortorious, and commenced to bash the cwap out of it. Flipped it several times, several wheelies, etc. etc. then I heard a clicking noise when applying brake. Figured (ass-sumed) a diff was going out. Continued running hard, and no problems. After run, 54 mph, everything appears fine, no clicking, nothing abnormal. Maybe a stick or something got caught up in the works, but 2 strange incidents in a row.o_O:eek::rolleyes:

with the pinion, a lot of time they come loose and when you pick them up to inspect everything seems fine but as soon as there is a load on it it comes out of mesh...i used to think i broke a diff when that happened.. But it usually makes nasty sounds at some point during that process.

OK, went out awhile ago, and ran my Kraton with it's new SRC road crusher tires and wheels. Very nice stuff, NO ballooning at all! However, while slowly driving out to the street, it went into a neutral? Motor spinning but no movement, forward or reverse. I assumed the pinion had come loose. Back in house, popped off the body, gave it some juice, and all was normal??? So I figured the pinion had come loose on the motor shaft, and had now slid back into position. Took a small screwdriver, and tried to pry the gear away from the motor. Tight, no movement. So I took it back out, and ran a hlaf pack through it, no problems. Still scratching head! 52 mph. Then grabbed my Nortorious, and commenced to bash the cwap out of it. Flipped it several times, several wheelies, etc. etc. then I heard a clicking noise when applying brake. Figured (ass-sumed) a diff was going out. Continued running hard, and no problems. After run, 54 mph, everything appears fine, no clicking, nothing abnormal. Maybe a stick or something got caught up in the works, but 2 strange incidents in a row.o_O:eek::rolleyes:
My senton 6s did that clicking thing. Mine was more of a grinding. I also confirmed nothing was causing the drivetrain to make that noise (like a stick) When I took it inside I went through all 3 diffs and found nothing. Hasn't made the noise again.

I'm not going to tear into either one, unless they have the same symptoms, next time I run.

i did the exact same thing. took both diffs apart. its prob one of the motor bolts a little lose

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back