Strongest Diff Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
Does anyone know who makes the strongest diff pins? I am breaking the ones on mine and want to see if stronger ones would help. I know why I am breaking them, just wanting to see if I can get away with running this setup with stronger pins if they exist.

The size I am looking for is 2x10.8mm.

Thanks.

Does anyone know who makes the strongest diff pins? I am breaking the ones on mine and want to see if stronger ones would help. I know why I am breaking them, just wanting to see if I can get away with running this setup with stronger pins if they exist.

Thanks.
@Easttactics did a video on this ages ago, can’t remember what he used but he seemed to of solved the problem. You’ll have to go back a couple of years but it’s there somewhere. Funny enough it’s something I was going to look into reinforcing too so I’m going to have to look myself

Some guys also take high-quality drill bits and cut them to be pins.
+1
Yeah it is a thing to use HS Steel drill bit "Blanks" or the shanks of bits. Just source the correct diameter and cut precisely to length. Like stated, Chamfer the edges well. If not, they will still take out the Sun gear. I use a dremel to make mine. I never broke one yet. Tedious work to do it right. The results are worth it.
FWIW, the advertised Dimensions of the Arrma OE crosspins don't truly match what the OE's actually are. The Standard 6s Open diff Pins. Use a caliper to measure what the stockers actually are.
There are No upgrade Brand pins that I know of. Throttling or braking hard under load or when landing some big air, usually takes them out quicker. Avoid that if you can.

Thanks.
Just came out!! M2c diff pins. Video by East Tactics. today!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back