Stronger EXB outdrive pins?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Blueprinting my EXB diffs in my Big Rock 6s. I remember reading somewhere that the 2.5x11.5mm pins (p/n ARA713033) are a weak link as they shatter/break easily. I did a quick thread search but I didn’t find anything that suggests alternative manufacturer part numbers.

What are our options? Does Mugen, Serpent, or Xray carry an equivalent?

I can always but some 2.25mm HSS drill bits and cut the shank to length but I want to avoid this as I’m lazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_8887.jpeg

IMG_8888.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember the pins being an extremely weak point on the rtr diffs as I have broken many many of them, but I don't remember the EXB pins being a weak point.

I remember the pins being an extremely weak point on the rtr diffs as I have broken many many of them, but I don't remember the EXB pins being a weak point.
The cast sun gears arrma uses fail or the planetary set, I think they’ve improved material a bit recently however.

The cast sun gears arrma uses fail or the planetary set, I think they’ve improved material a bit recently however.
I got all the Vitavon 29mm gears but the pins remain a weak link.

Now that you mention it I do remember people having issues with the gears early on.

I thought this as well. 👍

To make matters more interesting on BLX diff's people have measured the stock pins under 2.25mm allowing play in the outdrive and sun gear.

Using the hardened steel replacements they were slightly thicker and everything fit better. Probably put alot less stress on the sun gear as well.

I thought this as well. 👍

To make matters more interesting on BLX diff's people have measured the stock pins under 2.25mm allowing play in the outdrive and sun gear.

Using the hardened steel replacements they were slightly thicker and everything fit better. Probably put alot less stress on the sun gear as well.
Do you have the hardened steel replacement Arrma part number?

Blueprinting my EXB diffs in my Big Rock 6s. I remember reading somewhere that the 2.5x11.5mm pins (p/n ARA713033) are a weak link as they shatter/break easily. I did a quick thread search but I didn’t find anything that suggests alternative manufacturer part numbers.

What are our options? Does Mugen, Serpent, or Xray carry an equivalent?

I can always but some 2.25mm HSS drill bits and cut the shank to length but I want to avoid this as I’m lazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 338841

View attachment 338845
This doesn't happen to the exb pins. I change them time to time when i feel theres enough wear than my liking. But you wont have the pins snapping problem like the RTR
Now that you mention it I do remember people having issues with the gears early on.
That was because of the open rear diff not having proper support other than the two shims. Until they came out with the open diff kit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back