Typhon Suggestions please. (Tire tune)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NastyNate

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Here we go fella's.

Blowing tires off has become a thing.

I'm now wasting batteries without crashing and tires staying on the wheels is becoming a big problem.

Every run - blown tire off wheel.

I am going to tape with gorilla tape, clean, prep the wheel and glue with C.A from AKA... going to vent tires, tape wheel vents.

Is this just a learning curve? I hope so.

I'm stopping here, I've researched alot... holler if y'all see red. If not I'm going for it.

Thanks again! ✌?

Attachments

• 15883877026578825321648389849742.jpg
    15883877026578825321648389849742.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 43
Here we go fella's.

Blowing tires off has become a thing.

I'm now wasting batteries without crashing and tires staying on the wheels is becoming a big problem.

Every run - blown tire off wheel.

I am going to tape with gorilla tape, clean, prep the wheel and glue with C.A from AKA... going to vent tires, tape wheel vents.

Is this just a learning curve? I hope so.

I'm stopping here, I've researched alot... holler if y'all see red. If not I'm going for it.

Thanks again! ✌?
Make sure to balance the tape band by puting a second piece of tape opposite of the first overlapping piece

Before I started the process of addressing my diffs, I would blow out tires every couple runs. Brand new tires including expensive belted sets were being ruined. Now that my focus is on diffs and especially replacing with a more viscous fluid in the center, I no longer have the troubles and I can still hammer it wide open as much as I love to do. Replacing with thicker fluid in diffs, venting non-belted tires, and checking after every pack, I'm able to take my tires down to almost zero tread without common blowouts. It's one of the best things I've done for my fleet.

Make sure to balance the tape band by puting a second piece of tape opposite of the first overlapping piece
Will do. Thanks bro!
Before I started the process of addressing my diffs, I would blow out tires every couple runs. Brand new tires including expensive belted sets were being ruined. Now that my focus is on diffs and especially replacing with a more viscous fluid in the center, I no longer have the troubles and I can still hammer it wide open as much as I love to do. Replacing with thicker fluid in diffs, venting non-belted tires, and checking after every pack, I'm able to take my tires down to almost zero tread without common blowouts. It's one of the best things I've done for my fleet.
Your reply sounds like what I'm dealing with . ? Thanks for the input #crimsonfancy much appreciated. ?
Honestly- bad ass we are flying these machines that will literally blow the tires off the rims... Gangster... I'm all in. ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back