Talion RCP’s Swb Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
What’s going on everyone.

SWB talion... project midnight.

Brute outcast body painted a mixture of colors:
46A37514-8AAC-4B25-A2B5-6ED9F851057A.jpeg
01DA812C-1567-426B-9630-51C4F762DD4B.jpeg
8593167C-68D4-43C8-8DB1-77F9809BE42F.jpeg
FA148C5E-7338-4FD7-B21E-20D133FF42BB.jpeg

Lots of cool parts going into this build ..

Castle
M2C
Crcu
Hot racing
Fast eddy
Savox

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
I don’t like using old parts for a new build ??...

But I thought these blue arms would go well with it...

8290F680-545E-48A4-826F-CFA7C7E491BD.jpeg

Looking gooood,can't wait to see finished,got a tire picked out??
Thank you! Not sure yet.... it’s a talion... so I gotta at least try the katar’s on it... it those aren’t quite right I can try some backflip LP’s... and maybe even some 2.8’s if they look/function well.

Never owning a Talion chassis, I’m a little clueless what really makes it any different than a Kraton as far as chassis is concerned. I know the difference in towers and shocks, but does the Talion layout of the chassis really make much difference or is it really just to fit the body?

Never owning a Talion chassis, I’m a little clueless what really makes it any different than a Kraton as far as chassis is concerned. I know the difference in towers and shocks, but does the Talion layout of the chassis really make much difference or is it really just to fit the body?
I wanna say everything on the talion chassis is moved back an inch. Also, the chassis braces are keyed into the chassis.

Things are shifted back a bit and the towers sit quite a bit lower. It will essentially be a much Lower outcast... with a bit better handling. I should have it close to being done in a few hours I’ll post more pics

What did you use for a chassis?

For me, what makes a Talion a Talion is the balanced layout of the chassis. It's why they jump so neutral. I wish they made a swb version with the Talion layout.

What did you use for a chassis?

For me, what makes a Talion a Talion is the balanced layout of the chassis. It's why they jump so neutral. I wish they made a swb version with the Talion layout.
Fair point, I mainly was hoping for a lower stance and the different suspension geometry. That the talion has. Hoping the more angles suspension gives it a more planted feel. Waiting for some decent weather to go give it a try and see how she does. Curious if it will prowl around like the standard talion does.. I agree with you though. The balance of a normal outfit talion is sublime. I found this out when I strapped a big motor on the back of mine. Handled like a ??

Maybe it should be a “chop bodied outcast talion hybrid? Haha

My "Spare Parts Truck" is a SWB Talion. Or maybe a LCG Outcast. Loads of fun. Toss on some racing truggy tires, and it handles like it is on rails, sweet on the track.

Are the Trenchers the 2.8? I am running the OG Backflips now, but they are kind of tall. But that tall tire make it cruse thru park grass like it is not there... :)

My "Spare Parts Truck" is a SWB Talion. Or maybe a LCG Outcast. Loads of fun. Toss on some racing truggy tires, and it handles like it is on rails, sweet on the track.

Are the Trenchers the 2.8? I am running the OG Backflips now, but they are kind of tall. But that tall tire make it cruse thru park grass like it is not there... :)
Yea they are 2.8 trenchers, truck ended up sitting on the backflip LP’s though. With a blind eye, it looks like an outcast... but when you set it next to one it sits a fair bit lower. Can’t wait to see how it drives :)

Yea they are 2.8 trenchers, truck ended up sitting on the backflip LP’s though. With a blind eye, it looks like an outcast... but when you set it next to one it sits a fair bit lower. Can’t wait to see how it drives :)
Chassis still slaps too? Wondering if the shorter shocks allows enough travel.

Oh yea, perfect chassis slap.. interested to see how it jumps... need to do the M2C ZRS kit for the shocks still. Just need to see how she rips first and adjust from there.
C66EB00D-985A-4499-AE07-D1B812F1486D.jpeg
the video I saw linked above looks like this thing behaves like a talion would... still pretty wet around here.. that’s why ive been doing more shop time lol.

Last edited:
My chassis will slap with the full size backflips. :)

Yea they are 2.8 trenchers, truck ended up sitting on the backflip LP’s though.
I went out a bit ago and mounted up my Badland MX28's. I like the size, but the truck is too wide to look right with those tires. Guess I need to buy a set of the LP backflips. I do like the look of a smaller tire - racing truggy tires are the 'right size', look great, handle great, but they don't stand up to bashing.
full

My chassis will slap with the full size backflips. :)

I went out a bit ago and mounted up my Badland MX28's. I like the size, but the truck is too wide to look right with those tires. Guess I need to buy a set of the LP backflips. I do like the look of a smaller tire - racing truggy tires are the 'right size', look great, handle great, but they don't stand up to bashing.
full
It’s out there gettin it! Nice!

the 2.8 trenchers did look a little funny, thats why I opted for the bigger backflip LP’s.

I do have a set of the bigger holeshots.. maybe I’ll try those on later.

I think the backflip LP’s are gonna be just right.. maybe a set of the 3.8 badlands but those are getting harder and harder to find

Just took the thing out for its first test run.. (used a different body ??)

it drives really nice. I’m a huge fan already and I’ve only been able to take it for a small spin in the neighborhood. It rips! I need to gear it down tho.. it hit thermal .. whoops.

it was geared for 2.8 tires before so I shoulda thought about that. Has an 18T .. should probably be about a 15..

It drives a lot like a talion. I really like it. I’ll try and get some footage the next time I run it... but it was a success in my book. ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back