Talion Talion - looking for maintenance and grass field setup tips (also wobbly wheels?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleFPV

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
So i just got myself a good deal on a lightly used arrma talion and i was wondering if there is anything i need to look out for around maintenance and setup.
(It's a talion exb v5 fyi)

I will mostly be using it on short-medium grass fields and a little skatepark bashing.

1. Oils. I'm looking at buying oils for it since arrma reccomends servicing the diffs and shocks every now and then. Would the stock 10k-100k-10k (f-m-r) be good? Or has anyone had better results with different combos for driving in grass?

2. Shocks. What shock settings and oil should i use? Is using the standard 2k oil reccomendation good? And, should i set them so the car sits higher and stiffer to have more clearance for the grass or should i let it droop more? If you have a good set measurment for the distance between the start of the threads to the shock ring/collar for both front and rear, that would be helpful.

3. Tires. Currently it has the original belted katars on and they have a little more life to go before i need to change them. What would be a good cheap replacement? Something like backflip lps? Or are there any better alternatives?

4. It seems that the wheels wobble quite a bit, and if i give it a good amount of throttle off the ground, they give quite a lot of vibration especially on the front. How would i go about solving this? It may not be that big of an impact at lower speeds but it seems a little bothering. Would i have to balance them with some putty or would tightening the steering cups help? I'm not sure if it's possible to overtighten them or not.(sorry if it sounded stupid, I've yet to look into how the steering cups work, it's my first big rc car yet, coming from a wltoys and an old nitro.) The hexes seem pretty tight already so i don't think i can do much there.

The picture is for fun
Thank you for your help and time!

IMG-20231023-WA0001.jpg

Stock oils are ok, but your driving style may benefit from higher weights. Unless its wet, grass and skatepark will be higher traction than dirt. If it were me I wouldn't change it much, 200k center and 20k/10k front/rear.

Stock shock oil weight is fine, personally i would set the droop so the arms are level with the ground.

I run the Backflip LPs on my Talion XL and love them. Cheap, good grip and reasonably durable. Balance with putty if they wobble.

Should be a very fun rig.😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back