Typhon Maintenance and setup typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wp1987

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, last year I bout my first rc car a typhon 6s just for fun, and quickly found that liked to race around the local track, its a small sand/fine gravel track.

After 2 years the typhon need a service, need to change all bearings and new fluid inn shocks and diff, what viscosity should I put in shocks and diff? And what hight on the shocks?

Until now I did race on 6s and limited the trottel to 65% on my flysky.
Next year iam thinking about 4s and maby a smaller pinion so I have more trottel kontroll or will this just mess up? And what size of 4s can I use?

I have used the Louise rc b-pioneer tires and they work for me, but I have seen on YouTube that ppl are using tires with small pins for track racing.
Our track is a old football field so the ground is like sand/fin gravel som recommends for tires on that surface?

Some outer trips to make the typhon 6s go fast around a track?

This is not seriously racing just for fun and I'm crap driver but still love it :)

I run 60/750/30 (f/c/r) fluids, but most guys run lighter for actual track racing. My only off-road Typhon is a basher.
I definitely prefer to run 4s. It’s the sweet spot for a Typhon, IMO. Run the best battery that fits in the tray. CNHL’s are great for the money.
Set your droop for “bones level” with the battery installed and the rig at full weight and then play with suspension settings until your personal preferences are realized. Stock weight oil in the shocks.
I hope some more track oriented guys chime in on this post. They’ll have much better and specific advice for track setups.
Welcome to the forum!

Hello, last year I bout my first rc car a typhon 6s just for fun, and quickly found that liked to race around the local track, its a small sand/fine gravel track.

After 2 years the typhon need a service, need to change all bearings and new fluid inn shocks and diff, what viscosity should I put in shocks and diff? And what hight on the shocks?

Until now I did race on 6s and limited the trottel to 65% on my flysky.
Next year iam thinking about 4s and maby a smaller pinion so I have more trottel kontroll or will this just mess up? And what size of 4s can I use?

I have used the Louise rc b-pioneer tires and they work for me, but I have seen on YouTube that ppl are using tires with small pins for track racing.
Our track is a old football field so the ground is like sand/fin gravel som recommends for tires on that surface?

Some outer trips to make the typhon 6s go fast around a track?

This is not seriously racing just for fun and I'm crap driver but still love it :)

I have the TLR only runs 4S really like it that way I bash only. @SrC has the same but does track and not bashing like me and loves how his performs on 4S. I used the same batteries he did 4S China Hobby here

We both have different power and electronics

Since I bash I upped the pinion to a 21T. Love it temps are good and fast on 4S and well balanced to run a Typhon 6S v5. SrC doing more track like his input could help.

I run 60/750/30 (f/c/r) fluids, but most guys run lighter for actual track racing. My only off-road Typhon is a basher.
I definitely prefer to run 4s. It’s the sweet spot for a Typhon, IMO. Run the best battery that fits in the tray. CNHL’s are great for the money.
Set your droop for “bones level” with the battery installed and the rig at full weight and then play with suspension settings until your personal preferences are realized. Stock weight oil in the shocks.
I hope some more track oriented guys chime in on this post. They’ll have much better and specific advice for track setups.
Welcome to the forum!
Hmm I did not think about droop, they are now at max hight. Best to sett them flush for max suspension travel?

Hmm I did not think about droop, they are now at max hight. Best to sett them flush for max suspension travel?
I'll see if I can find a video...

But from what I have seen and been told and how I set droop, I adjust it to the point where the shock end is slightly compressed and not at full extension. What I am doing is taking the stress off the shock end with the droop setting and letting the chassis take the stress.

When I set the droop this way, I have to slightly press in the shock to get in back in the hole, which does mean I am lifting the arm some to do so. I also found putting washers under the droop helps, but that is a bit harder to do. So, just set it for now.
@wp1987

Here are two videos. One I follow below

Now, this one is a bit different in where they set it even with the chassis, and not like the other video. Either way works better than not having them set

Last edited:
Tnx thats really good info. Will check my droop.
On a smal track that we have can I run the typhon 6s on 3s batteri and 13 pinion? Or will i damage someting then?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back