Team Corally steel servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a 110 dollar steel gear servo made by Team Corally in my Traxxas Hoss 4s. I have only been using it for about a year and it has not been used that much. It seems to have conked out on me entirely. This angers me a lot as I paid for a high end servo. It was indestructible while it worked. Now it seems that the servo motor does not run anymore. I have tested it and it works on no other vehicles. Other traxxas servos work in my Hoss though. It stopped working in between me not using the rc it seems. Anybody have any possible solutions? I don't want to have to resort back to other crappy servos nor buy a expensive one again if I can avoid it.

Piece of advice don't buy expensive servos unless ur a racer or something. Because when they go out its going to burn ur wallet. I personally use WAG RC 25Kg on all my rcs. Its a local brand here Its better quality than the ds3218pro i used to use i still have some of them on my vehicles but they are slowly getting replaced.
I have a 110 dollar steel gear servo made by Team Corally in my Traxxas Hoss 4s. I have only been using it for about a year and it has not been used that much. It seems to have conked out on me entirely. This angers me a lot as I paid for a high end servo. It was indestructible while it worked. Now it seems that the servo motor does not run anymore. I have tested it and it works on no other vehicles. Other traxxas servos work in my Hoss though. It stopped working in between me not using the rc it seems. Anybody have any possible solutions? I don't want to have to resort back to other crappy servos nor buy a expensive one again if I can avoid it.
Last option would be to open it up and maybe hope only a wire came loose. You could also try corally costumer service

Boy if I had a dime for every $100 servo I've bought I'd have like ten dimes.

Are you using the stock hoss ESC by chance?
I am using the Max esc. I run it on 4s.
Piece of advice don't buy expensive servos unless ur a racer or something. Because when they go out its going to burn ur wallet. I personally use WAG RC 25Kg on all my rcs. Its a local brand here Its better quality than the ds3218pro i used to use i still have some of them on my vehicles but they are slowly getting replaced.

Last option would be to open it up and maybe hope only a wire came loose. You could also try corally costumer service
Yeah I did open it up. It seems to not be damaged. My reasoning for getting this servo is it survives a basically infinite amount of abuse. It is a servo that my Hoss doing double backflips off curbs cannot break. It is still relatively new. I have no idea why it is acting like this.

I believe more powerful servos will have less issues with higher voltage, at least 7 volts but 8 is even better. Maybe I'm biased but I don't trust Traxxas ESC like that.

First to name what show this is from wins:

Screenshot_20230310-130323.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back