Tekton and Klein For Hex Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gti13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I see everyone always says buy MIP for your small Hex driver kit but I have some bonus bucks to spend at Homedepot and wondered whether anyone has tried this kit

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-...iver-Set-10-Piece-1-5-6-mm-DHX91205/323130419

At this time I just need a good way of securing the pinion grub screw I have some allen keys but they arent upto the task, seems like that would be a nice all round kit to cover all the hex bolts on my Kraton 6s

I also noticed this kit

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-All-in-1-Precision-Screwdriver-Set-with-Case-32717/313832918

One tool I am missing for sure is an E-clip tool if anyone can make any recommendations?

Never tried either, but I will say that I think Klein screwdrivers are the second best screwdrivers I’ve used.

Klein tools are fine, better than the Tekton one you posted for sure. I would have a look though and see if they have any Wera, Wiha or Bhondus hex drivers first.

Klein, as good as they are, aren’t the brand I would look for first, as the tips they use are fairly standard and will round and can break. In terms of electrician specific tools though, Klein remains one of the top manufacturers.

I've got a combination set of made in USA metric and SAE tekton Allen wrenches and I like them, they're great quality. But I've never tried MIP.

I don't have those exact hex ones from tekton, but do have nut drivers. The handles feel a little weird, but you can get a ton of torque in them.

The klein set I have and love. They aren't for anything with high torque but work well for what they are. Honestly the storage box they come in is my favorite feature lol. Great for holding screws while you work, latch is also spring loaded.

Im surprised people dislike Tekton I have some of their socket sets and really like them thats why I was leaning towards that set, I found it annoying to try tighen the pinion screw with allen keys.

What about the E-clip any recommendations for those, guessing that will be an amazon purchase?

Back