Thoughts on Hpi Vorza Flux Hp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have been offered the original Hpi vorza flux hp and it is in good condition. I was trading off a 8s capable Mojave chassis I rebuilt. Do you think I should take that offer? I would just be driving it around at the track and not in official races. It seems like a good buggy. I didn’t know where to post this😂

Last edited:
What all is on the 8s capable Mojave? The Vorza is a beast of a buggy but rtr for rtr that is not the best trade Vorza rtr for the Mojave roller sure.

I've been working on mine a bit here lately.
Went from this too this because I wanted to retrofit the Hot Bodies D8 rear aluminum chassis brace.

20230929_224200.jpg

20231001_001608.jpg

Mine has a few other mods however.

KingHeadz HB D8 7075 Steering Top Plate
KingHeadz HB D8 7075 Rear Chassis Brace Mount
HPI Aluminum front spindle carrier.
HPI Aluminum rear hub carrier.
HPI 5mm front shock tower.
HPI shock guard set.
Jet Hobby front spindles.
Jet Hobby front chassis brace.
HB Racing high mount rear shock tower.
HB Racing rear 112mm shocks.
HB Racing D8 Hara rear outer hinge pins.
HB Racing 92mm cvds front and rear.
T-Bone Racing front bumper.
DE Racing HB D8 rear arm guards.
Hobbywing Max8.
Arrma BLX 2050kv motor..
Savox 1211SG servo.

What all is on the 8s capable Mojave? The Vorza is a beast of a buggy but rtr for rtr that is not the best trade Vorza rtr for the Mojave roller sure.

Went from this too this because I wanted to retrofit the Hot Bodies D8 rear aluminum chassis brace.

View attachment 324929

View attachment 324930

HPI shock guard set.
Hobbywing Max8.
Arrma BLX 2050kv motor..
Savox 1211SG servo.
Are parts easily available still? The Mojave will have a trx reciever and remote, standard 20kg metal gear servo and the stock XMaxx esc and motor.

Are parts easily available still? The Mojave will have a trx reciever and remote, standard 20kg metal gear servo and the stock XMaxx esc and motor.

Some of the new parts are still a bit hard to get but for the most part parts are readily available from Hobby Recreation Products, eBay, Amazon, Amain, Absolute Hobbyz and jennysrc.com. It shares a lot of parts with the Hot Bodies D8, D8T and D8S, not the HB Racing D8 Evo, D8T Evo or D8 worlds buggy. As well as the HPI Apache. I've had my Vorza since 2019, it actually started it's life as a Hot Bodies D8T, and parts support has increased tremendously since. When I first got it finding parts was a complete pain. Now I can type the part number in Google and find tons of places selling it.

With the Traxxas electronics it really depends on if you think they are worth anything. A lot would just call them paperweights.

And is the Mojave basically stock otherwise?

Some of the new parts are still a bit hard to get but for the most part parts are readily available from Hobby Recreation Products, eBay, Amazon, Amain, Absolute Hobbyz and jennysrc.com. It shares a lot of parts with the Hot Bodies D8, D8T and D8S, not the HB Racing D8 Evo, D8T Evo or D8 worlds buggy. As well as the HPI Apache. I've had my Vorza since 2019, it actually started it's life as a Hot Bodies D8T, and parts support has increased tremendously since. When I first got it finding parts was a complete pain. Now I can type the part number in Google and find tons of places selling it.

With the Traxxas electronics it really depends on if you think they are worth anything. A lot would just call them paperweights.

And is the Mojave basically stock otherwise?
Yeah. It doesn’t have tires or body though. The servo is new and the esc and motor where barely used at all before I upgraded on my XMaxx

View attachment 324929

View attachment 324930

HPI shock guard set.
Hobbywing Max8.
Arrma BLX 2050kv motor..
Savox 1211SG servo.
How much money

That person offered me a Losi Super Rock Rey for the chassis and my Maxx. I was like yeah totally. Instead of the vorza

How much money

I bought the D8T as a roller for $150 then bought most of the parts from Dollar Hobbyz to convert it to the Vorza which was about another $200 in parts or so. Electronics were all recycled from other vehicles. I can't remember how much the Jet Hobby and Kingheadz parts cost and the HPI aluminum parts came with the D8T roller.

vorza is a good car I have two don't really run mine anymore I found if your heavy bashing you need to put aluminium rear hubs on and the same with the fronts also the driveshafts are too thin bend easy

vorza is a good car I have two don't really run mine anymore I found if your heavy bashing you need to put aluminium rear hubs on and the same with the fronts also the driveshafts are too thin bend easy
Driveshafts is about the only thing I wish were thicker. Was that you that found one of the Typhon center driveshafts fit?

I think I’ll only track run it for fun. So I think it would be fine

I think I’ll only track run it for fun. So I think it would be fine
Being basically a rtr electric Hot Bodies D8 it should handle fairly well. I would try to find a setup sheet for the D8. I know they have a basic setup sheet in the manual over on the HB Racing website.

When the vorza first came out, many referred to it as a tank, hpi recently re-released the vorza as a buggy, truggy, and even s versions with 7075 parts. They even have nitro models, I picked up the vorza nitro buggy. Unfortunately it's still in the box waiting for me...but I hope hop ups and parts will become more available. They list most of the original vorza parts and upgrades on hpi site, but most searches find listing that say discontinued. Fingers crossed that hpi will come back, but the 6s Armas are a forse to be reckoned with!

When the vorza first came out, many referred to it as a tank, hpi recently re-released the vorza as a buggy, truggy, and even s versions with 7075 parts. They even have nitro models, I picked up the vorza nitro buggy. Unfortunately it's still in the box waiting for me...but I hope hop ups and parts will become more available. They list most of the original vorza parts and upgrades on hpi site, but most searches find listing that say discontinued. Fingers crossed that hpi will come back, but the 6s Armas are a forse to be reckoned with!
Everything I looked at was either in stock at HRP or listed as out of stock, nothing was listed as being discontinued.

Nice! I hope so too.

Hey all I traded and this buggy is fantastic! Just oddly missing half of the battery tray. Ordered some typhon 6s tires and they should be here soon!
IMG_2655.jpeg
72091013470__98A55900-B6F9-4E92-A642-E13D3AAEB2A2.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back