Better cooling? What are your thoughts on this product

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Browsing Shapeways and came across this item. Gimmick or functional mod? You be the judge.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9...ma-arac7009?li=marketplace&optionId=228616264

1702946279803.png

1702946315998.png

1702946340477.png

It's legit.

Have you priced it out though?
$38-46+ depending on material and speed of delivery, for just the shroud piece. (Could be more now, inflation)

Fan & mounting hardware NOT included.
Not going to buy the physical part. I emailed the seller asking if he would sell the file. Maybe he will... maybe he won't.

I'm failing to se how it's better. Sure its directing the airflow yet its looks like it's only hitting one quarter strip of the upper heatsink. And because I think it's 3d printed, the actual set up
Is't a heatsink. I fgure a normal fan 1/2-1 inche off the motor blowing over a larger surface and circulating hot air out is better.
What am I missing?

I'm failing to se how it's better. Sure its directing the airflow uet its looks like it's only hittinèg one quarter strip of the upper heatsink. And because I think 3oit's 3d printed, the actual set up
Is't a heatsink. I fgure a normal fan 1/2-1 inche off the blowing over a larger surface and circulatuinbot air out.
What an I missing?

The way the fan is situated, it is actually blowing over the entire heatsink and channeling the cool air along the Length of the fins..

The way the fan is situated, it is actually blowing over the entire heatsink and channeling the cool air along the Length of the fins..
Ok. So the heatsink is cut open or has channels? I'm looking at the second of the 3 pics shared and at first glance it looks like the fins block it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back